How much super have you lost?

We went up , havn't worked out exact figures but between 5-10 % .

Reason . We were , and still are in cash . For last 18 months .

We will be looking at gearing into property in the next 1-2 years , and maybe some shares.

Cliff

Now listen here Seech. I've flippen told you this before.
Just drop the 'apprentice' bit from under your sig OK. :)

See ya's.

Now listen here Seech. I've flippen told you this before.
Just drop the 'apprentice' bit from under your sig OK. :)

Yeah and make sure you let us know when you switch back to equities...! ;)

And to respond to the thread - dunno how much we have lost - could be 20/30% by all accounts. We don't look at our super - the numbers are relatively small and payoff is too far into the future to worry about and the rules will change 10 times before we can access the funds...

Although I'm thinking a SMSF could be a good way of squirrelling away an IP or two now - need to look into that in some more detail at some point...

Last edited:
So lets bury everyone's retirement possibilities (that were forced on them) because you dont like the way the funds managers operate. What is false about it? People have to live on it when they retire because the pension wont be there. These funds didnt lead to today's crash, that started in the US and beyond which dont have the same Super rules. Bad loans on bad assets caused the current problems.

Hi Pushka

From the posts here, I can see why those super gains over last 12 months --- they took the control because they did not believe the managers. Most of the people (probably more than 80%) do not look at their super until each year they receive the statement. ---- it is a formula for failure.

Let me do some figures. You start working at 20 (maybe too early) and make $50k a year (20-60 years on average) and get 10% super (very high) and roughly you get $5k a year. In total, you get about $200k (I did not take into account those conpound things into account). The risks of returns as we see in the market make this $200k shakey. Will this $200k enough for surviving? However, if they give the money directly to the people, things could be different.

If you have $5k, you probably can make $10k in a year. However, if you have $1b, to make $2b almost impossible. Just like some silly imaginations, houses always double in 7 years. For a property, from $70k to $140, may be achieved in 7 years, from $140k to $280k make be ok, from $280k to $560 a bit harder, and from $560k to $1.12m....

Back