How to find out who the mortgagee is?

Bank (unknown) has taken posession next door - tennants have been removed, however couldn't tell me which bank it was that removed them. Any ideas on how to find out whom?
Interested for purposes of development.

thanks in advance

Bank (unknown) has taken posession next door - tennants have been removed, however couldn't tell me which bank it was that removed them. Any ideas on how to find out whom?
Interested for purposes of development.

thanks in advance

Title search should show all encumbrances including any mortgage (and mortgagee)
This is the case in WA, however I think it should be the same in all states...
Boods

Title search should show all encumbrances including any mortgage (and mortgagee)
This is the case in WA, however I think it should be the same in all states...
Boods

It is indeed the same in all states. Do a title search.

Sometimes they will post a notice up in the front window saying who has taken repossession.....which I find amusing because it says you must stay off the property as lender 'xxx' has taken possession and you are trespassing to set foot on it. But you can't read the letter without trespassing to get up close enough.:rolleyes:

The tenants certainly could have told you, I suspect. The letter they received telling them to vacate will have told them who was issuing the vacate / repossession order.

Alternatively wait until it goes on the market. The vendor as MIP will be on the front page of the contract.

Thanks guys. In conjunction with ours, at the right price, would be a great townhouse site, hence I'm keen to find out.

Just wait till the Auction and bid then.

very very very rarely are mortgagee in posession houses not offered for sale at auction. Occasionally they dont reach a fair price (inside the valuers range) and they are then offered for sale after auction.

Chances of them selling to you prior to an Auction are very slim.

If it is not an auction area or it is the sort of area where buyers need to buy subject to finance then good buys can be had in mortgaee auctions.

cheers

RightValue

Back