How to get best valuation for this property how much might that be?

I bought this place for $206k in August and I'm looking to refinance to 90% LVR (currently at 80%).
What would be the best way about getting a good valuation?
I was thinking of passing on that I'm looking for $230k and also that this property sold for $235k in December. It's got an extra bedroom, but it's on a smaller block.

Thoughts? Am I being a bit too optimistic?

Your best bet could be to use a lender that allows up front vals.

At least that way if the val is rubbish,you can have another bite.

We have seen variances of up to 28 % on valuations on the same property, across 3 valuers in the same week.

5 to 10 % variance is not uncommon, and is an acceptable spread.

ta
rolf

Rolf's suggestion is very practical and quite effective.

Have you run a report on the property yet (ie Residex)? This will give you all the sales data in the area, which will give you a better understanding of the potential value? Generally valuers will compare against three properties, which will show the price variances between comparable, inferior and superior properties.

Choose the lender carefully...even if the val stacks up given you want to carry out an equity release /cash out- some lenders have limitation on cash out amount and reasons...especially above 85% LVR.

1. Carry out upfront value with 1-2 banks that uses diff valuers
2. Make sure the lender's cash out policy/equity policy at 90% is suitable for your file

Cheers

I bought this place for $206k in August and I'm looking to refinance to 90% LVR (currently at 80%).
What would be the best way about getting a good valuation?
I was thinking of passing on that I'm looking for $230k and also that this property sold for $235k in December. It's got an extra bedroom, but it's on a smaller block.

Thoughts? Am I being a bit too optimistic?

25 Cindy Street may be better comparison as you are comparing 2B, 1Bath, 1 Car, with 3B/4B, 1BATH, 2 CAR?
Also, it would be best to talk with the financier's valuator prior to valuation and provide your research (comparable latest sales - at least few) why you think your property is worth that much. Presentation also helps....
Was there much movement in the last 6 months in the suburb, since your purchase?
We cannot force equity release it it didn't happen to duplicate, so sometimes it takes a bit longer. Also, if you go to 90% it will be more likely you would need to factor the cost now for LMI. It really depends on your reason, as sometimes it's worth the effort if you need a LOC for some buffer in tough times, or if you wish to duplicate?
Good Luck though! I always find out and use the valuator from the bank/financier's panel and I use them by getting involved!

Back