How to get started ASAP!?

If people spent as much time trying to increase income as they do trying to cut costs, they would find themselves in a much better position.

Buy really good coffee from the supermarket then keep it at work (Under lock if necessary) and make your own. Mine costs me 30 cents per bag.

If people spent as much time trying to increase income as they do trying to cut costs, they would find themselves in a much better position.

I have given out too much kudos in 24hours, so can't give you some for this post, but I whole-heartedly agree with you.

Agreed, I totally forgot to mention that I had a second job which helped with deposit for my 1st. I had a full time job Monday to Friday then a part time job at night. I would work 8-5pm at my day job then 6pm-1am on Friday nights, 5pm-1am on Saturday nights and sometimes another weeknight thrown in. I did 15-20hrs extra with my part time job and it was a cashie that generated $200 a week (this was the 90s and that was a lot of money)

Not only did it give me extra income BUT it stopped me going out on Friday and Saturday nights and spending money. Double win :cool:

Where are you living now? presumably at home with this folks?

Why dont you plan on continuing with your current living arrangements and buy a rental? You can move into the property for the first 3months, then rent it out. Thus claiming it as your ppor for 3months, and recieving the tax concessions (CGT) and FHOG (does that still exist?).

If you are tracking your expenses post it up here, and let us cut them down.

I whole heartedly agree with DaveM. Focus on earning more. The majority of people on here would have taken a second (or third) job when starting out. This could be an extra couple of hundred a week which goes straight into your saving acct.

What existing debts have you got? CC, store card? car loan? etc?
The more info you provide the more we can review and critique. Just be prepared for the onslaught :p

Blacky

Prob want 6 months for cgt purposes blacky
And fhog benefits are mostly under 430k in wa, varies by state though

Pizza sprinkler/maker until around 9pm then sprinkler and deliverer until 1am at a pizza place in Riverton. Delivery area included Langford which was even rougher in the 90s :eek:

lol I was delivering in late 90's / early 2K's to beechboro, lockridge, guildford, bayswater

. I would work 8-5pm at my day job then 6pm-1am on Friday nights, 5pm-1am on Saturday nights and sometimes another weeknight thrown in. I did 15-20hrs extra with my part time job and it was a cashie that generated $200 a week (this was the 90s and that was a lot of money)

:

IMHO it is these types of people that achieve the greatest success. They are just hungry! Driven by their reasons to succeed. And those reasons are pounding in their minds, over and over and over. They are massive!! Nothing will stop them. Anything in their way gets bulldozed down every time. Just pure hungry mother ****ers! They develop their mindset as sharp as a razor. they learn the knowledge they need and then know how to get the right people to help them. And they achieve massive, massive success.! Anyone can do it. But very, very few will.

Mate definitely take some time to read and read and read! Save as much as you can. Work extra if you have to. It REALLY all comes down to 1 thing: How bad do you want to achieve your goals and what price are you willing to pay?:D

Also reading some books/youtube clips on mindset and slowly changing yours would put you waaaay ahead of most people. It is simply not possible to achieve massive success unless you develop your mindset IMHO.

IMHO it is these types of people that achieve the greatest success. They are just hungry! Driven by their reasons to succeed. And those reasons are pounding in their minds, over and over and over. They are massive!! Nothing will stop them. Anything in their way gets bulldozed down every time. Just pure hungry mother ****ers! They develop their mindset as sharp as a razor. they learn the knowledge they need and then know how to get the right people to help them. And they achieve massive, massive success.! Anyone can do it. But very, very few will.

And all before Red Bull and energy drinks were invented :eek:

You can do a lot when you're young and have shitloads of energy. I kept up my second job until I was 23 and had my first IP under construction and Westminster Jnr being a bun in the oven.

What is it about delivering pizza? That's how I spent my nights in the mid to late 90s in carine and surrounds! Got me through two degrees at Uni. No tips in drugs though but I'm not as good looking as blacky!

Not as hard core as a mate of mine who pulled full time night shift while doing engineering and commerce degrees during the day. Get a couple of hours sleep between work and Uni. Mind you he relied a lot on our lecture notes come exam time...

Back on topic, my advice would be to hasten slowly. Learn, learn, learn while working on new and innovative ways to earn more and spend less. There is so much to learn (the archives of this forum are a great place to start) and so much to earn that there is no time to be hanging around twiddling your thumbs. Buying an IP is merely one step in one path to wealth. Getting the fundamentals right in your own mind is the most important thing to focus on right now. Then take action as your knowledge and capability improves.

And all before Red Bull and energy drinks were invented :eek:

now THATS hard! I need my Mother drink..gave me energy many a time after a tripple shift of almost 24 hours!

You can do a lot when you're young and have shitloads of energy. I kept up my second job until I was 23 and had my first IP under construction and Westminster Jnr being a bun in the oven.

Its really anamazing committment and effort you gave/give. Thats why you have have what you have today.
:cool:

yes yes...i know im still **** at this quoting stuff..:D

haha safe to say people won't be jumping on my financial advice in a hurry.

But there is a lesson in that for the OP and that was just that I took a speculative guess without educating myself. I hate Hawthorn and made an emotional decision to back Sydney and Hannerberry. The bookies were telling me how good an investment it was due to their short odds but I didn't take the time to research things myself.

Investment is a lot like this, if you make uneducated, speculative and emotional decisions and listen to others without doing your own research then you may find yourself with a lot less money.

Yep earning more is key.

To help pay for current renovations and future plans, I draw all the roofs for our company instead of them outsourcing it at 80c per m2. Boss pays me the same rate, and in return I try do a better job and return it a lot faster than the normal 10 business day lead time (one drawn every weekend).

Making around $25k a year extra doing this. Paid for my new bathroom and leaves a nice redraw buffer for the rainy-day situations.

Investment is a lot like this, if you make uneducated, speculative and emotional decisions and listen to others without doing your own research then you may find yourself with a lot less money.

Unfortunately, this is what most 'investors' do. It really frustrates me (if ppl haven't noticed already :D) because I love to see ppl breaking out of this false 'reality' 95% of people are in for life.

It is still mind boggling to me even though I 'get it'. Unbelievable..

When people try to increase income AND cut costs it really becomes noticeable. Except if you are Qantas.

Yep earning more is key.

To help pay for current renovations and future plans, I draw all the roofs for our company instead of them outsourcing it at 80c per m2. Boss pays me the same rate, and in return I try do a better job and return it a lot faster than the normal 10 business day lead time (one drawn every weekend).

Making around $25k a year extra doing this. Paid for my new bathroom and leaves a nice redraw buffer for the rainy-day situations.

Good deal Bman! Thinking outside the square is where it's at. Kudos to you for putting in the extra yards to make the dream come true.

I believe for every hard yard year you put in at the beginning you will reap tenfold in the future.

Back