How to I calculate LVR?

I have been reading about how lvr'd people are at the moment, but am at a loss as to how to calculate this. Can anyone please explain this to me.

Thanks

LVR is "Loan to Value Ratio" ... you calculate this by adding up all of your loans and dividing this number by the value of all your property.

Eg:

Property 1: loan $150K, value $200K
Property 2: loan $180K, value $250K

LVR = Loan / Value = (150K + 180K) / (200K + 250K) = 330K / 450K = 73.3%

As sim said and also
if you had 2 properties, and a loan on one at cba and a loan on another at anz, then you might work the equation seperately/per property.

So one property might have a 20% lvr and the other at 95%.

Depends on the figures

Pushka,

I believe Bill Zheng is recommending that investors stick to a maximum LVR of 75% - and preferably less than 70% - in the current climate. I guess it's all about an individual's SANF, really - and, FWIW, I'm finding my SANF requires a lower LVR the higher my age gets!!! :D

Cheers
LynnH

Dazz

Gotta admit the "JTR" and "LTO" bits have me scratching my head! (Must be the 'old timers' disease my girls reckon I suffer from!) :D :p

Cheers
Lynn

Oh Lynn, haven't you heard, it's ever so uber-chic to clip your Vocab. nowadays so that only the clique few can partake. Exclusivity babe - exclusivity !!!

For those who aren't uber.....

just to re-iterate
less than optimal

Tata darlings.

Thanks, Dazz! Will have to tell my girls that it's 'official': I am definitely NOT uber-chic - they will absolutely ROAR laughing! :D :D :D

Cheers
Lynn

P.S. Good to see that you're in such fine form today! :p

Thanks, Dazz! Will have to tell my girls that it's 'official': I am definitely NOT uber-chic - they will absolutely ROAR laughing! :D :D :D

Cheers
Lynn

P.S. Good to see that you're in such fine form today! :p

Thanks everyone for your answer, I am so pleased though that I am not the only one who is trying to play catch up. My memory is not all that great in my later years and I fear this newly obtained info may not remain there for long, but I am trying really hard to retain as much as I can

Dazz and LynnH, I am definately not "uber-chic" either, you have both made my night, I haven't laughed like that for a long time. Currently have a 14 y.o. locked in her bedroom, apparently I'm too old to understand. This is just what I needed

Have a great night!

Toni

Currently have a 14 y.o. locked in her bedroom, apparently I'm too old to understand. This is just what I needed

Have a great night!

Toni

Entirely normal behaviour for a 14 year old. Fortunately it gets a lot better when they hit 21! Only 7 years to go!;)

And (much as I love the darlings) - they become even more civilized when they leave home!!!!! D :D :D

Cheers
LynnH

P.S. Glad to hear you had a good laugh, Toni!

Back