how to make finance application

I'm tossing up whether to make a finance application soon or wait 6 months.. I'd much rather get it done but I have a couple of issues...

firstly this is my first property ever. I dont even own the one I live in.

I have a pretty good income but I'm currently stuck with 2 credit cards (9k and 4k) and 10k remaining on a personal loan which was used to buy sound equipment (which I use to earn an extra cash income)

looking at all the 'how much can I borrow' estimators on various bank websites those liabilities make a huge difference to my borrowing capacity.

So first question... the 9k card is not on my credit report (had it more than 5 yrs and all limit increases were pre-approved). What are the legalities of not declaring that I have it? as long as I don't apply to the bank who I have the card with I cant see how they could learn of it's existance.

The application for the personal loan is on my credit report but how would a bank know if I actually had the application approved or if I ever actually took out the loan? There are a couple of other applications which were not approved and they appear identical to the enquiry about the loan I did get.

I realise this may be not quite straight down the line but I am in a much better position than any bank to know what my disposable income is, particularly considering I have a significant cash income that the bank will almost certainly refuse to consider. The difference is between having 4-5 very distant suburbs in my price range if I declare it all and 3/4 of brisbane if I don't so it widens my options dramatically.

I'm not so keen on plodding away at the personal loan for another year before I can even start gathering a deposit as I'm paying obscene amounts of rent and for several reasons moving or lowering my rent isnt currently an option. I want to begin investing now rather than in 2 years by which time I will have thoroughly lost interest and forgotten about my plans...

for interests sake I'm planning on doing a rejuvenation for my first property to gain some quick equity and allow me to to aquire an IP as soon as possible.

Oh and one more question...

How many insitutions really look for 'genuine savings'? I tend to move money around a lot hence will have no dpeosits in an account for several months then several large deposits all at once. I have a savings stream but it weould serve me better to put all of that onto a CC balance reducing interest then get a cash advance for what I needed to make up the balance of a deposit at the last minute.

Back