How to terminate one's forum membership

The other option is to be really rude , obnoxious , spam a whole pile of dubious things and get kicked off.

That usually work :cool:

Most people stop posting.

See Change

Hi Dunc, Frank, and others, yeah I am wanting to break the habit. Realize I am using the forum as an avoidance behaviour against taking decisive action in the real world. And don't want the temptation of having a SS membership there at the click of a button.

Ever since getting CFS, it has been hard to know what my limits are, and I have been plagued by doubt and fear in stepping forwards in several areas.

Deep down inside, I know there's no choice but to calmly and gently put one foot in front of the other. I have been afraid to move forwards, because I don't have the capacity to take 10 steps at a time, or dig my way out of a hole if I fall in one.

But am realizing that thinking is the trap of the ego of a younger man. Like many in modern society, I want things now, and have lost touch with what it is to patiently bring forth something.

There are several areas I have been compelled to follow from deep within for a long time, and yet on the surface they make no sense, and I have battled and hesitated and torn myself apart inside trying to make sense of it all, vacillating in a bottle of red.

One of them is my future in physiotherapy. The profession has to evolve. I am a maverick in the field, and have ideas on what consumers want and need. And it is time to execute those ideas or drift on being frustrated. The only way for me to validate these ideas, is to successfully express them. There are many strong and narrow minded egos in the field, and I don't have the desire to take on these entrenched elites in a battle of egos. Better that I express it by doing it. In line with that, I will be involved with Healthscope leading up to Christmas and need to conserve my energy for that.

A second area is my health. My BMI is 27.7. I got it down to 24.8 in May before that arrythmia incident. I am giving people health advice every moment i am in clinic. It is hypocritical of me not to practise what I espouse.

I have posted a lot, but recognise I am better posting about 5 new experiences, rather then 50 old ones and 500 opinions. There is a time for action and there is a time for introspection, reflection, focus, action. And it is decisively time for more of the latter.

By terminating my membership, if that can convince others of the importance of being honest about confronting one's fears and insecurities, and focusing on what really is important, then it has been a positive thing for me to do.

Right now, my priority is to guard [and harness] my time, especially against my own shortcomings.

It is a trivial matter for us to disable your account so you can no longer post if that helps. Not sure what it really acheives, but if that little step helps you towards your goals, it's there as an option.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Last edited:
A second area is my health. My BMI is 27.7. I got it down to 24.8

I'm in the same boat.. up 20kg from 12months ago.. on the weekend I threw out all my beer and wine and went back on the eating plan that I fell off about 9 months ago..

I have posted a lot, but recognise I am better posting about 5 new experiences, rather then 50 old ones and 500 opinions. There is a time for action and there is a time for introspection, reflection, focus, action. And it is decisively time for more of the latter.

I'd just stop logging on as much Bruce.. I dont contribute as much as I used to.. I have flurries of contribution and for long periods I just sit on the sidelines and throw a lame joke into the mix occasionally.. Suits me better, suits the forum better.. we're much better off now than we were a few years ago when the same old same old contributed to every thread..

Really.. just dont visit as often..

Sounds like you've got some challenging interesting times ahead.. good luck!

I'm sure you would return and use the forum again and I think you should but if you need to make sure you can not use it for a period of time then why not ask a trusted friend to change your login password and tell them that you want to stay out of the forum for a month or whatever.

I'm not sure if you've terminated your account already Bruce but if you have I guess you can still log on as a guest and read this.

I've been a member of this forum for just on a year now, when I was trying to buy my elderly neighbours unit through private sale and a good friend suggested this site to get some answers as to how to go about doing it. In that period I did end up purchasing the unit from her son for 220k and its curently rented and am in the process of trying to attain another unit in the same block through similiar private negotiations. In the time I've been on here I have learnt soooo much about property investing and also alot about myself.

I've always been accused by ex's of 'Not letting people in and seeing who the true me is'. I think if they read this forum they'd see exactly who I am :) So whilst learning about property investing has been educational, learning to open up has been by far the major benefit for me. I am now not affraid to tell people ok this is Kate..I've battled an illness, lost a fiance and work 3 days per week in admin and enjoy the share market and property investing, if I'm not for you tough bickies, there will be some guy out there who I will be for me and until that day comes I am happy & proud of who I am & what I've achieved and accomplished so far and will continue to look forwards and not backwards .

Bruce, on here and via private messaging you have taught me the above and most importantly to be honest and be proud of who I am, and for that I thankyou. So go do what you have to do and I have no doubt you'll achieve everything you set your mind to. Like the Irish say 'May the wind always blow at your back' and maybe we will see you at a meeting in Melbourne one day which I will get off my butt and attend :D

Kate

Last edited:
It is hard to taper off the smokes, the bottle or a favourite chat site so if TFB thinks SS is agravating problems then it would be best to have his membership cancelled.

I have sworn off at times when I realise how little I have in common with most posters here but if I can log back in, I end up doing so. This post is proof of that.

Send me an email before you go tho Bruce. We have a few things in common.

Bill Thommo

TFB,

Where am I going to get my frank updates on the state of the Brisbanes Northern Suburbs!

Love to be able to contact you via email.

There is no doubt that internet activity can get in the way of other things we should be doing.:rolleyes:

Good luck.

MJK

I'm in the same boat.. up 20kg from 12months ago.. on the weekend I threw out all my beer and wine and went back on the eating plan that I fell off about 9 months ago..
QUOTE]
Duncan,

Its just big stomach bones you have mate.

........and thowing out wine.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Mate its not the beer and wine that made you 20kgs heavier, it was the suff you ate with it once your senses were a bit dulled and your appetite stimulated.

my 2 cents
Aimjoy

Mate its not the beer and wine that made you 20kgs heavier, it was the suff you ate with it once your senses were a bit dulled and your appetite stimulated.

You are of course largely correct.. the more I drink the more I eat :) I'm on the wagon for a few months now :)

Back