HSC Over! Life Begins!

batesc said:
Hello to you all..

i stumbled over this forum a little over an 3 hours ago an have been flying through thread after thread of from what i can see very very knowledgible information.

2 weeks ago i finished my hsc. Completing english, maths, economics, business and accounting i have a broad and i mean very basic base of terms of the financial markets.

A few weeks before the HSC i applied for a accounting traineeship with a firm here in newcastle. After getting past the 70 or so applicants in resume form, i got to the 45 for phone interviews then 15 for actual interviews with a recruiting firm and finalling landing the job out of the 6 with the interview with the actual firm.

So starting in feb 05, i am looking to maximise my free time and start my new life with learning as much as i can everyday. Heres my problem, well opportuninity to start myself on my way to getting a popular word on here "equity".

I have inherited around $20k, i live in newcastle with no work, well will in january on a wage of around $330/week, low living expenses(still live with parents) and wish to get into the market as early as possiable to not waste money and time.

Can i grab anybody thoughts on what i should do with the money and my income which i can easily save a large percentage of without turning me into a hermit.

Thanks for your time.

HELLO BatesC,

How did you go with the money? Did you spend it wisely? Personally if I had 20K I would have bought a she+ load of PXS held it for a few months and used the extra capital as down payment for an IP. :p

Oh Wait... I Did :p

In anycase, I would have presumed that since you have not come back on to Somersoft and shared your thots, you did ;

a) Spent the 20K on the best p!ss up and schoolies celebrations ever, penthouse for 3 weeks = $10K, Mind altering liquid/substance $5K, Limo Rides = $2K , Peronsal Companion $3K? lol

b) Bet the 20K on black, either won - spent the money on above X double or lost it.

c) Started your own Company, which now has a revenue of 10 million dollars, been the director,CEO you are too busy to visit the somersoft site.

d) Bought couple ounces of Gold, 1 x shotgun and enought food and water to last through the Doom of the Reccesion.

Sorry mate, had to do it. I just cant stand people who post stuff and not reply after all the effort the forum people spend their time on. WE don't get a respnse...

So BATESC LET US KNOW HOW YOU WENT...

(hello....HellO....hello)

Hopefully there is some left over after all the fun.

If he took my share advice he'd have done OK.

BHP, on 18/11/04, was $14.25. now $18.85. Plus paid 17c div.
still trading at 13.2 x forecast earnings.
Return of 33% for 4 months.

Westfield, on 18/11/04, was $15.35. now $16.86. Plus paid 52c div.
still trading at 14.5 x forecast earnings.
Return of 13.2% for 4 months.

Not bad for some safe big blue chips.

See ya's.

Back