Hurrah...IP6 approved...

NOTE: This is from my blog:

What a glorious day! Our latest acquisition of KFC, no, I mean investment property, was approved by the bank today. I have to say the frustration I felt yesterday was quite warranted, the bank needed a second extension to the finance approval date! My poor broker was on the receiving end of my rant, so Chris, sorry, but I was severely pissed off.

So, my wife and I now have six properties. For the time being, this house will be our primary place of residence, for at least one year, so we get a tax benefit when it comes time to sell (i.e. no capital gains tax), which as I'm sure most of you are aware, can go on for 6 years, even with rental coming in after you leave. It's one of those lovely little loopholes I hope Mr KRudd doesn't close in the near future, as it saves us a few thousand when it comes time to sell, whenever that will be.

It's quite a good place, compared to where we have lived in the last few years. There is a problem with flood, but the 2009 Ingham floods were huge and it would only come up to my chest standing in the bottom level. Luckily, it's built in a way that if a flood does come, it would just require a hose down, no carpet and plaster, but tiles and visiboard are the option. Actually, it goes like this. In 1966, there was a very big flood, bigger than the one we had earlier this year. Then nothing until 1976, when a large body of water came and stuffed everything up again. Then in the early 90's there was a mini version of what Ingham just experienced, up until this year. So, odds are, that there may be a "flood event" within the next 10 years, but luckily Suncorp does that insurance.

There will be a bit of work to do...paint here and there, fix this, clean that, put in this and that...etc. etc. but nothing too drastic...

^Aww, that's not true at all. Just got to your post.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

IP6 is a fantastic achievement and I'm sure your temporary stress will be worth it. Plus you get the excitement of actually moving in to a new place. :D
I wish we had moved into a couple of our IPs (which are so much nicer than where we live!)

Onya Handy

IP6, I can only dream of getting that far... but hopefully I'll only dream until next year, THEN I'll hopefully be at the IP6 mark

Well done dude, keep em coming.....

No one is happy for me :...(
People here are probably still waking up.

I think that's great HA888. To save me going through different threads, refresh me as to how long you've been investing now.

Won't be too long before you're saying "IP 10 approved" eh.

Congrats. Make sure you celebrate.

Regards
Marty

That's better...thank you all, I'm happy again.

I've been investing since 2004....had 5 IPs a while back, sold down two, bought another 3 recently including this one, but treading cautiously, don't want to get too deep just yet.

Good for you HandyAndy888,

I like the area around Ingham, has some nice water to explore.

Make sure you get a rod and some crabpots to go with that tinnie

Dave

Congrats

That's better...thank you all, I'm happy again.

I've been investing since 2004....had 5 IPs a while back, sold down two, bought another 3 recently including this one, but treading cautiously, don't want to get too deep just yet.

In order to augment your emotion of happiness, may I add my heartiest congratulations to you and Mrs. HA888. Onwards and upwards.

Well done :)

I'm still trying to work out the KFC bit :confused:

Then there's talk about Ingham

qt_InghamChookme.jpg

Congrats on adding the new worker on your Retirement Team though ;)

great work HA888, it's a bit cheeky but could you give us a hint as to the size of your portfolio?

Is your strategy cheap, good yield purchases, or 6 monster, cashflow hungry places?

Congrats for the 6th, hope to be there soon too...........
Any chance of telling if they are all in the Ingam area?
I was looking at one myself, but grabed one further nth instead.
I guess the town is back to normal now? Hows the rental market?

Hello all...

My IPs are all over Australia.

For those that care:

From earliest acquisition:

1. 29 acre land at New Norfolk, TAS
2. 800m^2 land in Glen Aplin, Near Stanthorpe, QLD
3. 3brm house, Ferny Hills, Brisbane, QLD
4. 3 brm house, Invermay, Launceston, QLD
5. 3brm house, Toowoomba, Queensland
6. 3brm house, Ingham, QLD

YEs, I do like to add low entry cost properties that are close to cf+. My wife and I capitalised on a few of our initial purchases, by selling down, but now we are in the position to buy again. This will be it for a while I think...we're going onto single income, there is a little HA888 on the way, so IP purchasing will be on hold until the numbers come up trumps again....:)

I am also a bit tentative...a 2% increase in rates would be difficult to service...

Go, you evil, greedy specufestor. :D:D

This is a fantastic achievement, and looking forward to reading the "interview" with Ruby in the near future!!

Any predictions on no.7?

Back