"I buy houses" signs - what is this about?

I see this everywhere.
Some a printed, most are handwritten and stuck on telegraph posts and traffic lights.

What is it about?
Starting to see a lot of signs come out over the past few days at most stop signs now a lot more then before in inner brisbane,i was reading one yesterday where someone who must have rang up left a message over the sign,i was gonna post what was said on the paper
sealed in plastic put over the sign all it said was ..

Don't ring this ######-Lady-######- they will pay you 75% of the ucv
and you have zero control from day one and that's a 10000 car per day stop lights..:)..

I see signs everywhere, from small signs attached to telegraph poles or traffic lights to billboards on trailers parked on the side of the road, to large banners stretched over wire fencing along the side of the road. Rick Otten has a lot to answer for.

I even have a fridge magnet sign on my fridge, don't know where that came from ..... they're popping up everywhere. :D

Vendor finance/wrapping schemes designed to pick up properties cheaply (a la Rick Otton style) and then provide vendor finance to poor credit-rated buyers who otherwise can't get loans and pay back the house (whilst living in it as "owners") at a higher rate. These signs have been around for a good 14 years now....

Back