I just dont know where I fit anymore?

Hi all,

It was great to meet you all, even though I didn't get a chance to chat to everybody, it was still good to put faces to names and nicknames. Hopefully it will become a regular gig in the future and a great way to network!

Cheers
Nat :)

Actually while were all here - may I request a different venue to that of Belgians? Great place - but $4.50 for a diet coke?

RJ

Yeah, don't think we'll go back there again - very pricey. $4.50 for a diet coke? Bloody hell! Johnny, I'll get in touch soon and we'll organise the next one.

Mark

thefirstbruce said:
LPlate, do you have personal experience with this crowd? As a physio, I could send them a lot of guys as I am swamped with the middle aged needing to find a way forwards as their bodies and emotions start unravelling. I think guys really benefit a lot from getting together with other blokes and sharing ways forward.

thefirstbruce
Sorry to get back to you late.

Yes I do have experience of attending a group with a facilitator at Bardon.

It was very helpful. Supportive, go at your own pace, no pressure, group work, share stories, some information input. :cool:

No 'downs' on women, marriage or any of that negative 'gender' stuff for which some womens groups have become (rightly) notorious. :eek:

All of those in my group said they improved their self awareness and communication with others as a result of the series of evening discussions. :D There is a weekend camp which is said to be worthwhile for fathers and boys to attend but I haven't had a look at it yet.

You will be interested to learn that music and movement are used at times to assist self-awareness and to loosen up and relax. As you know, joints and movements stiffen through chronic stress and most men are unaware of the damage that is being done.

The valuable work of Mens Health and Welfare is limited by lack of funding (so there is no permanent place, everything is begged or hired) and some men find the small fees for the 'course' of evening sessions abit beyond their circumstances (those separated or divorced can exist in poverty, even if they are on a reasonable income).

Few GPs or other professionals have any information on the centres. This is a pity given the incidence of withdrawal and suicide among men, young and old.

Lplate

How did it go?

Mark Laszczuk said:
Yeah, don't think we'll go back there again - very pricey. $4.50 for a diet coke? Bloody hell! Johnny, I'll get in touch soon and we'll organise the next one.

Mark

Hi there, I had meant to attend this but have been fighting off illness.

How was it? Bummed I missed out - those diet cokes sound great :) Sorry.

Cheers

A/c

Definitely monthly. Move it around to a different place and different days. Not everyone can make it on the same day. That way everyone gets a chance to come at least every few months.

Mark

ramone_johnny said:
Expressions of interest ...get together monthly??? bi monthly???
While I can't speak on behalf of BIG, it may be worth while coordinating some of the activities together with BIG. That way, you can share some resources like website etc; there are some keen people in the group who may be interested in also being involved?

You may want to consider some Cashflow games from time to time. I've found a quiet club on a Sunday afternoon can be a good venue.

As I said earlier, a Sat or Sun arvo would be better for me too. Would be nice to mix the venues up a little so those on either side of town get an alternating advantage. I have always found the BIG meetings at Salisbury are a big drive on a week night, from the northside.

Thanks for the tips Geoff, but it's intended merely as just a casual social gathering where people canmeet and just have a chat (although everyone taked about investing on Monday!) than anything else.

Mark

You people have it all wrong.... he needs a motorcycle :D

John, I have been absent from this board for a while (work and play takes time) I see you have many good ideas come out of this and some get togethers will be great. My only added comment is it has to be what "you" want. I would hate for you to become so preoccupied with making $$$ that you do not have fun.

I ride bikes, I ride bikes a VERY long way. This is uncommon here in Australia even though we have the country for it. What I am getting at is that although I have many Ulysses Club friends and riders who think riding 300k a day is too far I still mix with them. However my real close connections come with like minded people who at this stage mostly live either in the US or Canada. Do not toss out the friends you have with the dirty bath water. They each have their place in our lives. But do as suggested and surround yourself with positive people. That may or may not be investors, just people with a positive outlook to life.

take care and go get a bike :rolleyes:
http://www.gtr-aus.com/davo/davo.htm

Last edited:
Back