I love polls - What LVR is everyone running atm?

What LVR are your total loans/value at?

• 0-20% (Yeah baby!)

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 20%-50%

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • 50%-60%

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • 60% -70%

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • 70%-80%

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • 81%-90%

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • 90%+

Votes: 12 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was sitting at a comfy 65%, but have blown it out to 70% with my latest purchase. It's a strategic purchase, though, so I'm happy with the effect on my LVR.

Geared to the eyeballs (or is that the back teeth?).

Last year with all the IR rises I was starting to think I might have to sell a few to de-leverage. But the GFC crisis thing has been a blessing in disguise.

With rising rents and massive IR decreases, 3 x IPs went cf+ve and 2 more went so far away from neg. geared that the requirement to sell went riding off into the sunset. Now starting to look to add to the personal portfolio again with some vendor finance in the mix.

Hi all,

I love polls

I don't, they are usually meaningless, unless accompanied with the discussion of why, and then the discussion is all that is really needed.

Vote, you know you want to!!!

But they wouldn't let me vote for Pauline last Saturday, I think the poll was rigged. I wonder if being a Victorian had anything to do with it???

Not to be difficult though :rolleyes:, could you please define LVR, as some of us have sold some properties, paid some loans, kept more cash that could have paid other loans, changed loan purposes, etc etc??

bye

69.5%

will push for as much as possible to acquire a CF+ investment that will cover not only the second, but the original mortgage as well.

Under 40% - a more detailed number would depend on how you classify offsets and other assets as Bill.L alluded to...

Looking around at a number of options for further investing at this stage and we haven't been able to focus on one area yet, which is what we need to do...

Trying to venture further afield - options include mining towns (12% yields - that's what I'm talking about!) with their inherent risks, CIP opportunities(although I do feel that pricing in many cases hasn't come back much from the top of the market and nearly everyone is predicting hard times ahead) and rural property (a pretty safe bet if I can find a lessee but lower cashflow yields of course - still it would be fairly much neutrally geared atm and I like the idea of 1000ha or so!).

Decisions, decisions... it takes a long time looking into all this stuff!

I am sitting at 87.7% - certainly a little high for my risk profile..

I was going to buy another this year, but I think I might wait until I am down to 75% at least.

Started at 80% as of Aug 2007. PPOR got revalued and paid down PI loan and now LVR currently sits at 72%.

Going to take out equity from PPOR to 90% to buy at IP at 90% LVR within the next 5 months, so that will blow our LVR back up.

Regards
Daniel Lee :)

Very good Cliff....you are now among the livng again!

Since you have pushed the LVR to 40%.....there is still plenty of room to push it to 80%...with more purchases!

I am in the buying phase....but is it just me....but the Sydney market is now hotting up a little. Lets hope is quietens a bit after June 2009!;)

Our Mosman Purchase really blew ours out .....

Were sitting at just under 15 % :cool: , Now just under 40 % :eek:

Cliff

Very good Cliff....you are now among the livng again!

Since you have pushed the LVR to 40%.....there is still plenty of room to push it to 80%...with more purchases!

I am in the buying phase....but is it just me....but the Sydney market is now hotting up a little. Lets hope is quietens a bit after June 2009!;)

I can't see the government cutting the FHOG though I think as job losses bite we will some distressed vendors out west , though not to the extent to cause a widespread financial melt down , which is what Prof Keen is suggesting when he calls it a mini sub prime.

We have more room to move , but the time is not ready yet .

Will look at buying something into our super later on in the year. Probably lower North shore through to lower Northern Beaches.

At some stage we're going to buy another nice place as a possible retirement PPOR , but not at the moment.

Probably won't be pushing the LVR up to 80 % . Won't need to to get to that unless we change our minds and decide we do want to get a waterfront on Pittwater

Cliff

Not sure if I should ask this here but its to do with LVR....

How do you investors get and keep your LVR so low?

I ask this to find out how people manage to acheive LVR <80% and as low as 15%. Is this largely due to high CG over a long period? Or do most investors start with large deposits? Do saving have any part in it?

For LVR=50% and a portfolio of say $4Mil you would need to have borrowings of less than $2Mil. This means that you would have had to "make" $2Mil. I doubt most investors can make/earn this without a large portion of it due to CG.

Most people on this site say "yeh go borrow to 80% LVR and keep adding to the portfolio" but at the same time say "keep LVR to below 50%". How is this practically acheived? Good investing? Is that the challenge?

Back