I.o.u.s.a

Coming soon to a theatre near you?

IOUSAposter.jpg

YouTube - I.O.U.S.A. Movie Trailer

I.O.U.S.A. boldly examines the rapidly growing national debt and its consequences for the United States and its citizens. As the Baby Boomer generation prepares to retire, will there even be any Social Security benefits left to collect?

Burdened with an ever-expanding government and military, increased international competition, overextended entitlement programs, and debts to foreign countries that are becoming impossible to honor, America must mend its spendthrift ways or face an economic disaster of epic proportions.

Throughout history, the American government has found it nearly impossible to spend only what has been raised through taxes. Wielding candid interviews with both average American taxpayers and government officials, Sundance veteran Patrick Creadon (Wordplay) helps demystify the nation’s financial practices and policies.

The film follows U.S. Comptroller General David Walker as he crisscrosses the country explaining America’s unsustainable fiscal policies to its citizens.

With surgical precision, Creadon interweaves archival footage and economic data to paint a vivid and alarming profile of America’s current economic situation.

The ultimate power of I.O.U.S.A. is that the film moves beyond doomsday rhetoric to proffer potential financial scenarios and propose solutions about how we can recreate a fiscally sound nation for future generations

Yes it was released nationally across the US this week.

I believe Peter Costello stole the 'economic tsunami' saying from David Walker.

The social welfare health benefits that Bush has promised the baby boomers when they retire, is the tipping point of goodbye USA, according to Walker.

There are no plans for release here unfortunately. Should be able to get it on DVD through Taipan Publishing though soon enough.

Is this the film that was shown before the recent "Town Hall" style interviews with Warren Buffet and others?

I read the transcripts with some interest but they didn't mention the name of the movie that preceded the session.

Looks like a must watch. No doubt it will skew facts/what they show in favour of the topic though.

Like most Michael Moore movies, supersize me, etc they are great as entertainment, but most are only skin deep with content.

Looks like a must watch. No doubt it will skew facts/what they show in favour of the topic though.

Like most Michael Moore movies, supersize me, etc they are great as entertainment, but most are only skin deep with content.

What does "skin deep on content" mean?

Having lived in the USA for most of the last 3 years, and my wife was a nurse on a nursing contract there, I can say that the "Sicko" movie was very accurate - unfortunately.

Whats Michael Moore got to do with it?
I know its one of the few docos that had to be updated constantly with the onset of the sub prime crisis unfolding whilst it was being made.

The story goes that David Walker as US Govt comptroller got so pissed off that no one in the US administration was prepared to listen to the problems unfolding.
So he took it on the road, to tell the ordinary citizens about the lunatic spending by The White House and the even loonier Congress. With the exception of Ron Paul.

Apparently the average Congressman still believes the $USD is still tied to Gold!

What does "skin deep on content" mean?
Having lived in the USA for most of the last 3 years, and my wife was a nurse on a nursing contract there, I can say that the "Sicko" movie was very accurate - unfortunately.
As in, no doubt there is truth to them, but the details in a lot of his movies are exaggerated or staged. He is an entertainer, not a bringer of hard facts.

Whats Michael Moore got to do with it?
He had nothing to do with it, but it looks to be his style of film. Didn't mean to imply he had created it.

As in, no doubt there is truth to them, but the details in a lot of his movies are exaggerated or staged. He is an entertainer, not a bringer of hard facts.

He had nothing to do with it, but it looks to be his style of film. Didn't mean to imply he had created it.

Seriously though, Addison Wiggin and Agora is arguably one of the most respected financial writers/media outlets in the world today.

http://www.agorafinancial.com/iousa.html

Back