If You Watch Tv, What Are Your 2-3 Favourite Tv Shows??

I watch very little TV, but my current favourites, in no particular order, would be:

- House
- Dr Who
- Family Guy
- Iron Chef
- Desperate Housewives (gotta have some shlock in the diet :D)

The Sideshow was good too, but that's already finished here.

Otherwise the occasional bit of news and that's pretty much it.

GP

I download most of the t.v. that I watch, but I always watch The Simpsons and I watch Law And Order, too. Sometimes I watch CSI, but not CSI Miami, that David Caruso fella is a bit of a tool. When I remember, I check out Media Watch.

Stuff that I download is:
Family Guy
Oz
My Name Is Earl

WestWing - cant believe noone has added that

The Shield (before it was pushed to a ridiculous time slot - thanks channel 10)

Numbers (a bit too american sometimes)

AFL - Eagles first, Dockers second and all other games right behing them

My favourite TV program is easily accessed by pressing the OFF button on the remote control when the ABC news has finished. :)

Cheers
LynnH

I used to watch TV a lot, 3 to 6 hours a day. There were times I just pressed the remote buttons senselessly, hoping a good program turning up. Those were the days.

Ever since I learnt and understood how the human mind works, I rarely watch TV now because I can see the negative effect the TV has on my mind through hypnosis principle (Well, they call it "marketing", aka. Bombarding the mass with intentful messages). :eek:

The few I still watch are tennis final, soccer and Iron Chef. :)

I now become selective in what I let into my mind. Read lots of useful books (business, bibliographies). Use youtube quite often to see and hear my heroes ("directly from the horse mouth"). Spend more time with like-minded people (Somersoft forum and meetings). :D

OK, I'll play!

in no particular order:

Boston Legal, hillarious, smart series. Would love to get the lot on DVD
West Wing, Magic series, only sorry I only got into it about 3 series from the end, would love to get the lot on DVD and watch them from the start.
House...
Dr Who...
Time Team...
Worst Jobs in History...
Greys Anatomy...
Grand Designs...
Desperate housewives...

Also, I'm with Simon re: turning into parents. I'm watching MUCH more ABC Than I used to.

The only shows 'banned' in my home are ambulance-chasing journalism shows like ACA and TT. and Why Bother (Big Brother).

Also, while I quite like "two and a half men" I am disgusted with the timeslot they put it in. There's no way that should be on at 7.30. It's definately NOT child-friendly.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

asy :D

I'm a TV Series junkie!

One of my absolute favs is '2 and a Half Men'. If you havn't seen it definately watch it. Charlie Sheen...too funny. And the little kids one liners and to die for!

Oh and 'Six Feet Under'. Written by Alan Ball....need I say more.

Cheers

Oscar

Six Feet Under was a fantastic series, shame it has ended. I used to buy the DVD as soon as it was available either in the shops or on ebay, we would watch it (not the kids) and then I'd sell it again while demand was still high.

Wylie

Sports - Golf , Footy, Cricket.
Property Ladder and Relocation Relocation (in fact most of those property shows on Lifestyle Channel)
Lost , Housewives and Heroes....

WestWing - cant believe noone has added
West Wing has finished on live TV- maybe that's why.

It was one of the most intelligent series to come out of the US.

I only saw a few shows of the original series- MrsW didn't like it much. But when she took some weeks off to go OS (I paid for the trip :D ) I caught up on the original series, and I was hooked.

Another, older, but excellent series, only on DVD... Rumpole of the Bailey.

Don't watch much TV except ABC in the mornings i.e Elmo, Wggles, Playschool etc

Shows that I like but hardly watch

NCIS
Law & Order
Numbers
Criminal Minds
Oprah
Desperate Housewives

Thanks heaps WM. Now I don't care who ya are, that was FUNNY!

"Allow me to reach for my wallet"... HAHAHA

Thanks again!

Thanks heaps WM. Now I don't care who ya are, that was FUNNY!

"Allow me to reach for my wallet"... HAHAHA

Thanks again!

No worries asy. Congratulations on the massive weight loss - I hope you win the competition but I but know you've already won by the weight loss - You look fantastic! Well done!

Here's some more clips from BL:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=arOGYQt1xU8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HA33y7hYvuA

You gotta love Denny Crane - "Cue Music" :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K_K_Gg8QcAI&mode=related&search=

And Alan Shore! :D

i really do love boston legal - but don't watch it because it's on so late. can't go to be around midnight and expect to be functioning at 6am when junior gets up.

why do they do that? put shows on early to get you hooked, and then shove them back to ridiculious times - recent examples are boston legal and the closer. both great shows on late at night.

Boston Legal is #1 for me too! Just love it.

Also Top Gear, Lost, Antiques Roadshow (when I'm home) and F1. Also, Sopranos (when its finally back to finish up) and Curb Your Enthusiasm and Arrested Development (again, when they're on).

Antiques Roadshow - I just love the way that so many of the English people WONT show any emotion, even though they've just been told that some crappy piece of furniture they store their newspapers in is worth 50,000 pounds.

Medium
Aircrash Investigations
Heroes
Prison Break
Simpsons
any show where a loser bachelor gets to pick and choose amongst a bevy of pretty but stupid women... The Poo is doing particularly well at making a fool of himself so far LOL!

Back