If you were an animal which would you be & why?

Something a little on the fun side, but more about psychology than fun so I've placed the thread here.

Many of us think of our good & bad qualities in terms of certain animals - based on your property investing style or your personal habits, which animal would you be and why?

I see myself mostly as a dog (my chinese birth year), loyal, trustworthy & stubborn. I'm probably more like one of the smaller (but smart) breeds, as I'm a risk-taker & innovator.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Interesting question Acey, I see myself as a young draught horse growing amongst a society of racehorses. I may suffer more than my fair share of defeats but I am strong enough to race every day of the week and will continue to do so long after my light-boned peers break down.

Glenn

popular thread Aceyducey :p

Difficult to gauge this one.

I'm chinese year of the Snake, and a Scorpio
.. but actually a really nice guy :)

Maybe more like a baby elephant - one day i'll be really big!

cheers,
Coolstyle

Slow Loris !

If you've ever seen one of these at night, you will know that they move very slowly and purposefully. Except when there's action to be taken - such as leaping to the next branch, in which case they move surprisingly quickly.

I watched one in fascination for quite a while at Singapore Zoo Night Safari.

Originally posted by Sim
Slow Loris !

If you've ever seen one of these at night, you will know that they move very slowly and purposefully. Except when there's action to be taken - such as leaping to the next branch, in which case they move surprisingly quickly.

I watched one in fascination for quite a while at Singapore Zoo Night Safari.
I guess you were thinking of the way that a property investor moves.

One day I'd like to be an eagle - way up high with excellent vision of what's happening below. When I see something I like, I'd swoop majestically in for the kill. When I'm not searching for things, I can be still and without even being aware of my aura, silently command respect, as others admire how sharp and powerful I am.
Right now? I just aspire to be the fledgling eagle that doesn't get kicked out of the nest and splatt on the ground!
Hopefully I'm not the emu, with a beak and feathers and things..... :eek:

One time, my girlfriend was doing some body work on me to get rid of some old demons and to help me become a little less rigid (she's a Shiatsu practitioner and lifestyle coach) and I discovered I have a tiger spirit inside me.
While I like tigers and that is the animal I most associate myself with (deliberate, commanding, focussed) I like to think of myself more along the lines of being a monkey, in that I don't really take anything seriously, which I reckon gives me a edge over most people, because the majority of our society is too busy being serious to see any other point of view.

Hi,

I'd have to say Lion. While not terribly glamorous, they're king of their jungle regardless ;)

-Cheers

Dave

Does an insect count? if so it's the humble bumble bee for me.

Why? 'Cos it's my family emblem/mascot/inspiration and female!

She is social, industrious, incredibly productive and has a hellova sting.

If you gave a bee to an aeronautical engineer s/he would determine that this insect is incapable of flight. Fortunately the bee doesn't know that - some relevance to pyschology me thinks. Every member of my family has a gold bee necklace as a reminder - that the impossible is not what others determine!

regards, MC

Oooooh...

Nice reply MC.

I can't wait for my kids to get old enough so that I can tell them the story of the bumblebee.

I have heard it before, but I don't think it ever sunk in.

I, too, with your permission, will buy bumblebee charms for my kids so that they can remember that as long as you don't convince yourself it isn't possible, then it is.

asy :D

MC,

I can't resist telling you a story of the bumble bee. When I was a kid we used to catch them in the cusp of our hands.

You have to keep your hands tight not to let in any light. If you can manage this they will bumble around in your hands and tickle you half to death but no sting.

Let in light and you are stung.

Takes a few stings to learn, but heaps of fun as a kid.

Mr Ed

They say (still trying to find who they is) that you can tell a lot about a person by the pet they own.

We own a labrador

For me it would have to be a pelican.

Would have to be some sort of Sea Bird, but in our family we have a running "joke" . Every time I see a pelican , I say , "Do you know that a pelican can hold more in his beak than..." ( the groans start at this point...)

I see myself standing in the water, waiting for a tasty morsel to come along, and then scouping up as much as I can hold....

The freedom to fly would be nice. Part of me would like to take up ultralights , but the other part of me is happy to go sailing or windsurfing.

See Change

Back