IFHL new PDF - Funding model

Howdy

I noticed a new addition to the Derivex page - a new public domain funding model PDF. It also has some snapshots of the new webpage still under
development.

Does this new PDF explain the funding model any clearer?- for all you financial types. Im the first to admit I never understand the bond market thingy.

or is it just a rehash of the same old information?

*****Please dont spam or flame as the thread will be locked******

The moderators of this forum have requested (and I have agreed) that I not make any comment on Derivex or their funding model until after the ASIC finding has been released.

Lets see what the third umpire says !!!!

Isn't there something important about free speach?

Surely the moderators will allow you to say if it adequately explains the funding process or not???

Thanks to nat-r for her restraint in agreeing.

Stewart_W, there's such a thing as expensive speech, as well as free speech. Generally found on the wrong side of a law suit and the inside of a courtroom. We are all trying to avoid that.

Have we become that litigious?

This is only an investment forum – it’s not the United Nations! We are only asking for one person’s professional & educated opinion. I thought that was the true benefit of a forum – free collaboration and knowledge sharing?

Having been a moderator on PI.com for some time I understand (too well) the need for constructive discussion but censoring an opinion before it’s been provided is too much (in my opinion). I’ll leave it there.

Last edited:
I agree with you Stuart, this new funding model cannot be understood by those of us that are not familiar with financial structures, hence I feel that Nat's experienced (and requested unbiased) interpretation would not be to anyone's deteriment and indeed may even help to provide the rest of us with a greater understanding of its (likely) functionality.

I have yet to see any of the Derivex / IFHL agents even attempt it to shed any light on the model (old or new) and if they won't, why shouldn't someone that does understand it's mechanics (well, at least as much as they do) explain it to the rest of us???

Cheers,

Jo

Hi all,

I too am waiting for more information, and have agreed not to say too much(well until after "early Feb" anyway).

I can understand why derivex have to wait in Australia for the ASIC go ahead. My question is why they are not proceeding in the US and the UK where they are not subject to ASIC rules???

bye

yaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

what else can I say

the very dexterous discussion is putting me to sleep

really........., can we wait until there is some comment, useful or otherwise from the company or from the regulators

It seems there is nothing to gained or lost from doing so except some bandwidth

ta

rolf

PS. I should declare my interest

12.46 :O)

StuartW said:
Have we become that litigious?

This is only an investment forum – it’s not the United Nations! We are only asking for one person’s professional & educated opinion. I thought that was the true benefit of a forum – free collaboration and knowledge sharing?

Having been a moderator on PI.com for some time I understand (too well) the need for constructive discussion but censoring an opinion before it’s been provided is too much (in my opinion). I’ll leave it there.

Censoring an opinion before its been provided??? You're joking, right Stuart?

nat_r has nearly 100 posts in the past couple months, and basically all of them have been her opinion on Derivex...

Have you taken the time to read each of them yet?

Youve just joined in the past few days? Perhaps you should read some of the related posts before you start pointing the free speech stick and accusing people of censorship.

The fact that you moderate on PI.com should only serve to further encourage you to post on this forum, where people respect facts and experience rather than opinions and conjecture.

Jamie.

Okay - I was hoping that we could continue such discussions without going off topic and without threatening the viability of the forum, but it seems some people can't help themselves (except nat_r, who has done a great job so far - thanks !).

I'm officially making any discussion of Derivex on this forum taboo until we hear something definitive from ASIC about the topic.

I'm sorry it has come to this - but we must take this action to protect both ourselves and to protect Derivex from potentially harmful speculation about the viability of their business and products.

From the Derivex website FAQs

33) When will the new consumer product be available?
The local consumer based Interest Free Home Loan range is being redesigned at present and will incorporate additional benefits that are not currently offered anywhere else worldwide. The redesign will need to undergo independent legal, regulatory and compliance assessment with it's launch currently projected for March 2005 within Australia.

If Derivex manage to get regulatory approval for their products, then it should indicate that they are indeed legitimate, and I would expect the speculation about the products and the company to stop. If they fail to get approval, then the nay-sayers can all stand up and give us a big "we told you so" speech. Okay ?

So as nat_r put it, let's allow the "third umpire" to have a look at the play and determine whether they were "out by a whisker", or if they just managed to "scamper across the crease to complete the run".

Back