I'm a Moderator now!

I'm a Moderator now over at the Young@Hearts (so all the oldies can come to) www.888abundance.com and because I am...I'm going to offer that you can sign up for FREE for 6 month access, quick Shhhhhh ;) . After that it's paid and that's the way we like it as we get genuine serious astute investors to join.

Send an email to me Titled:My Free 6 Months Access Please, I will just need your name and email address to [email protected] or alternatively, register and drop me a separate email and I’ll get your access approved. So get them in quick and I will give you you're free 6 months before the chance to get it runs out.

Where you can see my best work. Why? Because it is a private elite (normally) pay per year forum. So I'm bringing out my best works of which I am reserved in these open forums.

Come look at my "ALMOST BULLET PROOF REGIONAL TOWN ANALYSIS QUESTIONAIR" which is a works in progress plus also with the help of the diligent other astute investors in the forum it's going to be great for analysis on any towns potential to buy Real Estate in, no matter where you are in a regional towns across Australia. It won't be be able to be accessed anywhere else and is exclusive to the 888abundance forum unless I get it on my site which I don't plan on doing in the immediate future.

Any of my friends as well send me an email with the info as stated above and I will get you in with a FREE 6 months. You(s) know who you are. Any enemy's as well send an email and you can get a free 6 months as well, your welcome.

Last edited:
This thread has been restored.

For those who are critical of the job mods do- there were three forumites (the two replying and the person who reported it) who regarded it as spam.

Personally, I found it surprising that the forum owner (also a forumite) did not say anything about the thread; I also thought it may have been a courtesy to ask the people hosting Somersoft permission before they used this forum to advertise another forum.

It has been established that the first six months are free, and it costs $30pa afterward. Good luck- that business model has not worked in another forum.

Exactly Geoff, it didn't work on invested.com.au, and that forum still doesn't have much forum activity, so good luck trying to do this on '888abundance'.

'genuine serious astute investors to join.'

'Where you can see my best work.'

a private elite (normally) pay per year forum. So I'm bringing out my best works of which I am reserved in these open forums.'

Give me a break!

GSJ

For those who are critical of the job mods do- there were three forumites (the two replying and the person who reported it) who regarded it as spam.

This forum is a wonderful place.

Though I said this (below) in the other thread and I stand by those comments

I think it is important that mods retain the right to pull a thread immediately and then discuss about it themselves. If the decision is that the thread is ok, then it gets put back. If the thread isn't ok, then it's into the bin.

One thing this place has always done well is self-moderate.

There can be only one thing worse than having a thread yanked for being spam.

And that's not having it yanked and being mauled by members.

The lions are hungry...

M

clarification

Hi Geoff and everyone

A few points. I do occasionally post here on this forum but not all that often.

Geoff, I didn't seek permission from this forum as I was not intending to post anything here about the 888abundance community forum.

I had advised 'jaffasoft' that as part of him being a Moderator I would also arrange free access to the 888abundance community forum for anyone that he referred.

I've only now just become aware of this post by 'jaffasoft'. Having said that I do appreciate his enthusiasm and I understand why he has done it that way. I think his post has raised an interesting debate in general and I don't think he should be criticised for being proactive.

For what it's worth, I've replied personally to one other person from this forum who asked what does the other forum provide that the free ones such as Somersoft don't already provide. My response was:

"I appreciate your points.

It would sound too much like defending a position if I went into explanations. That's why I've allowed a free period so people can judge for themselves and then proceed if they want to.

However, I was genuine in my sentiments that your input would add great value to the Y@H Community.

Thanks for your honest feedback in any case."

Finally, I hold 'jaffasoft' in high regard for his opinion and his initiative, that's why I asked him to become a Moderator on the Young@Heart PI Community forum.

Hope this clears the air.

Regards

Exactly Geoff, it didn't work on invested.com.au, and that forum still doesn't have much forum activity, so good luck trying to do this on '888abundance'.
Firstly thanks for allowing the thread I guess possibly I should have asked but does Micheal Yardney and all the rest ask every time as well.

Also I'm not sure how some can not think creatively when there will always be clubs, pubs different groups and interests and forums branching out. You don't seem to recognize that Gary has shown some very smart initiative buy actually lowering the enter to join the forum to free so six month. But you criticize that it hasn’t worked in the past, yet I know that under different management of different businesses all across the world changing management and running something well can turn places around. This if it doesn't work I'm sure Gary will look at his alternatives and make a decision then.

I quiet like that there is not a lot of people in there and a select group of professionals. Give me a break you say. Well you can say what you want but I'm going ahead and shining on with me best and opening up and putting lots of text and work into that forum in the form I what I writing that I never ever put in SS.

And that's because it's a private forum and a nice select group of people, I like it. But that's not going to stop me from being in SS because I love Somersoft it's great. I am diversifying and I am diversifying at other things throughout the industry.

At the end of the day I don’t see any different then a gury offering a FREE seminar then the next week they charge at the door. It was the smarter mind I think that seen the common sense in it to allow the thread and I thankyou Somersoft. Sorry that I cause a bit of a confusion and disturbance.

We're getting lot's of emails so it's going alright get ready Gary I got quiet a few to send to you. Don't worry SS they won't leave SS.

Agreed. Checked out the site and tis $30 pa to join the forum.
Long live SS!
I'm entitled to my opinion as well Sailor. I'm not stuck in my old ways, and moving with the times on the internet. The Internet for me is an experience I move around and do things and try things there is around 12 forums I frequent for a number of different things.

Diversification for me is a great thing as it stimulates and learn in the mind more a change is as good as a holiday, it's very refreshing. Then I always return to SS.

And you might need to conceive that you we're wrong it is FREE for 6 months when you e-mail me and I get you in for free bypassing the system (because it is my personal referal) I can't believe you jump to judgments when you hear it from the direct source. But it is tipical of how a lot of people make thier decisions in life and send themselves up the wrong trail :)!

Jaffasoft, you might wanna tone down the finger pointing there champ. The site you are encouraging people to join isn't in fact, free. It's a free trial period. Like if I buy a piece of software from the net that comes with a trial period, the software isn't free - I still have to pay for it if I want to keep it.

Let's say I posted an offer of a free trial period for a piece of software that users can use to track their properties which if they wanted to continue using they would have to eventually pay for - I wonder how long that would stay up here...

It's exactly the same with your forum. I tend to agree with sailor - information on all sorts of issues relating P.I. are available for free on here from people with enormous amounts of experience. So unless the forum in question has something else to offer other than just a forum, I wouldn't pay for it either.

Don't even try to compare your product with Michael Yardney - he offers a truly free product - a newsletter - that is sent out free every month to subscribers. Incidentally, if you'd been around here long enough, you'd know there was a lot of hoo hah on this forum about that very newsletter when it first became available - even though it's free.

Mark

Somersoft works because it is:
  • Free to join.
  • Free to continuously use.
  • Free of advertising and spam.
  • Doesn't purport a false sense of exclusivity.
  • Is open to all to use and read freely.
  • Has a large number of members who post, offering advice freely because they can and have the desire to learn and share knowledge.

I just don't see how the 888abundance forum, a clearly inferior forum, (this is not a dig at Jaffasoft or Gary), can possibly work, if it costs to join and use, where there is so much here, at PI.com, invested.com, etc. for people to see.

I hate to say it, but it is the truth — the Y@H forum just doesn't offer anything. :confused:

Lastly, Jaffasoft, Firefox 2.0 has a built-in spell checker and dictionary. Please get yourself a copy, as it truly does detract from your posts. You do have a lot of good to say and offer here which is fantastic, but bad spelling just stops the flow of reading dead in its tracks.

Somersoft works because it is:
  • Free to join.
  • Free to continuously use.
  • Free of advertising and spam.
  • Doesn't purport a false sense of exclusivity.
  • Is open to all to use and read freely.
  • Has a large number of members who post, offering advice freely because they can and have the desire to learn and share knowledge.

I just don't see how the 888abundance forum, a clearly inferior forum, (this is not a dig at Jaffasoft or Gary), can possibly work, if it costs to join and use, where there is so much here, at PI.com, invested.com, etc. for people to see.

I hate to say it, but it is the truth — the Y@H forum just doesn't offer anything. :confused:

Lastly, Jaffasoft, Firefox 2.0 has a built-in spell checker and dictionary. Please get yourself a copy, as it truly does detract from your posts. You do have a lot of good to say and offer here which is fantastic, but bad spelling just stops the flow of reading dead in its tracks.
The reason I'm currently enjoying 888abundance is because they are actually getting onto the task at hand and that is discussions about investing with serious like minded investors instead of always some kind of debate arguments sides, problems about all these other things which distract from the task at hand.

The forum! Hell I don't know if it's going work? It's working for me all right what I am learning from Gary in incredible he is a very knowledgeable chap. The spell checker I've got I' will try and do that but why don't you talk about real estate and investing. It's not even my forum I make no money for it nothing but I do think it's like a good meal if you want it free go to the salvo’s if not you'll have to pay for quality somewhere else. That is not a dig at SS, no way!! Free forums are fantastic but I do like the way some wont pay so that the ones that do are perhaps serious to commit to a small group I like that.

Is there no quality here? No but I'm enjoying the select small group. I will try doing your little spell checkers mate but how about trading me by talking about Investing and not everything else that seems like a rave about anything but Investing in property.

I can think of dozens of forum thread that have offered something for free then they turn around and start charging software so I think those accusing me are boiling your own kettle black.

Egnor Michael Yardney then and look at all the other examples in this forum, that's just the obvious one that comes to mind!!

Hi Jaffa,

Care to point out some of the threads where 'I can think of dozens of forum thread that have offered something for free then they turn around and start charging' please. I'm very selective of the threads I read nowadays as there's just too much crap on here, so I haven't seen any of the threads you mention - or moreso the ones I have, have rightly been removed.

Cheers mate!

Mark

No worries mate.

Look why don't we just drop it and get on with being productive.

Almost every business wanting to source a client in here posts a FREE add weather that be advise or an answer to a question. An add as in just posting even answers with there thread sign, because a lot of them do it to source clients so there is dozens doing it every day.

And that's not such a bad thing but it's happening all the time. I hate spam and with a passion and I'm the last person that would ever do it.

Let's get on with things to do with Real Estate.

The mods have made their decision, and as a forum member I have no issue with it.

Personally, I won't be joining Jaffa's forum even if I did get free membership (which I have been offered), because 1) Somersoft is already free and 2) Some members WILL be charged $30 a year on the young@heart forum.

The reasoning given is that it will weed out some people and only the serious members will remain on a paid forum. I like to consider myself a serious member (and investor), and I won't subscribe to a paid forum.

I think that the Somers have selflessly provided an incredible place for us to gather for free. I think anyone who finds Somersoft, fills in the membership registration and reads the posts deserves honest answers, whether they're newbies or not. I myself learn a lot from 'newbie' posts because it sharpens my thinking on some basic concepts, and because I'm a newbie on certain topics.

This is a public forum that anyone can join and where we don't take legal responsibility for our posts (I sure don't, though I try my best to make sure my posts are accurate). It will never be the same as a 5 hour one on one conversation with an experienced investor. If you want that, go organise your own face to face meetings off forum (as many do, or go to the meetings). I like to think this forum is friendly enough to welcome both newbies who want to ask why they should use interest only and also for experienced people who want to discuss the nitty-gritty of development, tax law and so on.

Even assuming you can get a forum full of 'elites', it might be so far above my level that I don't get anything out of it because I don't have the building blocks of knowledge to understand what they're saying.
Alex

Even assuming you can get a forum full of 'elites', it might be so far above my level that I don't get anything out of it because I don't have the building blocks of knowledge to understand what they're saying.
Alex
How do you think I feel amongst these :confused:, I can't spell well but I know I have an opinion and developing an educated view Real Estate my real estate muscle is getting bigger all the time esp with this break in hosy getting time to read and think a lot. I'm learning all the time there is always something else to learn or a different angle to look at things.

Alex
I respect your decision and understand and do believe you should stick with what you're comfortable with. Your welcome to come over and have a read any time you want , just email me.

P.S. By the way it's not my forum. I just signed up as a member.

So even though you say you feel overwhelmed by Somersoft, you would feel less uncomfortable in a forum that, if plans go well, will be filled with 'elite' investors? 'Elite' investors who, I suppose, are so familiar with the basic stuff that they would never even explain it in posts because they assume all the other 'elite' investors know it as well? Personally, I would find myself even more lost, but that's just me.

And you're a mod there.
Alex

Ring up and have a chat on Skype:jaffasoft if you've got a head set, alex it's a bit hard convey myself some times in the forum. Would be good to have a chat to you one day.

Ring up and have a chat on Skype:jaffasoft if you've got a head set, alex it's a bit hard convey myself some times in the forum.

I have no interest in joining a forum that has a subscription fee, initial free period (or, as per an email to me from the owner of the site, permanent free membership) for myself notwithstanding. Therefore, I have no interest in discussing the matter with you privately.

However, by posting on this forum you also invite the rest of us to discuss your post (critically, if we wish). I exercise my right to do so, the same right all other members have. They are free to take apart any of my posts and find logical flaws and outright misinformation, if they want.

If you don't agree with my views, by all means post your rebuttals. We will all learn from the debate. If you feel my posts are offensive, ask the mods to remove them.
Alex

I think that the Somers have selflessly provided an incredible place for us to gather for free. I think anyone who finds Somersoft, fills in the membership registration and reads the posts deserves honest answers, whether they're newbies or not. I myself learn a lot from 'newbie' posts because it sharpens my thinking on some basic concepts, and because I'm a newbie on certain topics.

This is a public forum that anyone can join and where we don't take legal responsibility for our posts (I sure don't, though I try my best to make sure my posts are accurate). It will never be the same as a 5 hour one on one conversation with an experienced investor. If you want that, go organise your own face to face meetings off forum (as many do, or go to the meetings). I like to think this forum is friendly enough to welcome both newbies who want to ask why they should use interest only and also for experienced people who want to discuss the nitty-gritty of development, tax law and so on.
Alex

Well said Alex. My thanks to the Somers for providing a free forum with amazing insights, learnings and advice from the very experienced to the very new.

Back