Im heading out to frankston...any advice?

Hi everyone, Im headed to frankston (im from sydney), looking for my 3rd IP. I could use some advise about the real estate market there, eg, what are the real estate people there like? Friendly? If you visit them in person are they helpful?

Who else has invested there? Any tips on what to look out for? I know they are going to start a complete renovation on the habour mid to end of year, so im thinking ill buy close to the shops, somewhere near seaford and frankston.

Has anyone out of state travelled out there to take a look? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Seriously?

No! Only comments by those with tongues in cheek :p or the very ill-informed:(

Look at this thread if you haven't already:

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31663

I purchased from MPRE in 2005. The agent has since moved on and opened another firm, called e-view.

Depends on what you're looking for. I bought 750 sq m on a corner in Frankston central with a reno'd WB house. I will develop in the coming years to become at least two and hopefully three dwellings.

daniel, look for frankston south area, especially in fr south high school zone.

you might find places starting @320k (i think) in comparison to mid 250 @frankston.

it is different class of people living in that area, be it the renter or owner occupier.

Good Luck, as at the moment, the area is very cheap, compared to what it is used to be, and a lot of landlord dropped their expectation of high prices

Hi everyone, Im headed to frankston (im from sydney), looking for my 3rd IP. I could use some advise about the real estate market there, eg, what are the real estate people there like? Friendly? If you visit them in person are they helpful?

Who else has invested there? Any tips on what to look out for? I know they are going to start a complete renovation on the habour mid to end of year, so im thinking ill buy close to the shops, somewhere near seaford and frankston.

Has anyone out of state travelled out there to take a look? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Have you actually been down the Peninsula before??? I lived there for 30 years, still have 2 investment properties one in Frankston North and one in Mount Eliza, which is my idea of diversification! Currently live in Sydney, where rents are ridiculous.
Peninsula people once they move there very rarely go. Such is the attraction of the beaches, wineries and rural pockets etc. Looking at the marina development, yep will be good, but Frankston has suffered from the WORST local government representitives through Frankston City Council of any municpality in Australia. In fact the state government intervened a few years back and sacked the lot. Incompitance on a major scale, but are now improving. Another positive that I have noticed no one on this forum has yet to grasp for the medium term is the comitment by state and federal government to developing a new container terminal at Hastings, which is a natural deep harbour. Rail is there, and will be/should be operational by 2018/20. This is a MAJOR infrastructure development as Melbourne is at peak efficiency.
Dont be put off by the Frankston scum, every area has it, just check out Mornington/Karingal/Mount Eliza shops for a comparison! Cheers

I'm very dissapointed in the way some people fail to take this thread seriously. The man ask for advice so if you are going to reply to this post, please have the respect to reply properly.

Now if you do go to Frankston, what you need to do is dress appropriately. That means wearing a flannelette shirt, shorts or worn out/dirty jeans and moccasons or thongs depending on the season.

Back