Income accelerators/extra cash flow

So I'm sitting on my hands, waiting for some more equity and/or savings before we can purchase again. I've been looking at ideas of how to bring in some extra money so we can go again sooner.

At the moment I'm a stay at home mum, with young children. It is more income efficient for me to stay at home for various reasons (no support from govt, before anyone comments).

I've been going over the general ebay, etsy, fiverr, etc, and I'm kind of coming up blank. Customer service is not exactly in my skill set :p. Would love to hear of what others are doing, some books/websites to read that you would recommend, or ideas.

Thanks

Can any of the existing assets be improved/reno'd to increase equity and/or cashflow?

Any part time jobs you can do that can be scheduled around the kids' needs?

At the moment I'm a stay at home mum, with young children. It is more income efficient for me to stay at home for various reasons (no support from govt, before anyone comments).

You get the 50% child care rebate, unless there is no child care around you because you are in regional Vic?

look into either formal council approved child care at home stuff, or informal care/babysitting etc for other kids perhaps?

I would be looking at casual rather then part time. I have health issues, which while it doesn't prevent me from working, it makes me an unreliable employee. And husband works on a 24h schedule, often at very short notice (think half hour) and his higher income profession will always get priority over whatever part time/casual job I can get.

I'm basically stuck on the work from home, in your own time train.

The existing assets are not able to be improved/renoed/subdivided.

You get the 50% child care rebate, unless there is no child care around you because you are in regional Vic?

you do. But if you are too ill to use it that day, it is $ down the drain. Also it assumes a set schedule at work, else you need to book and pay for all week to cover a few random casual shifts.

Family Day Care can be a little more understanding.

As to us doing family day care- Hubby sleeps off night shifts and we are away a lot. It would be casual babysitting only.

I'll keep babysitting in mind :).

I have a friend who types up court transcripts from home. They are audio files and need to be transferred into documents.

It's not exciting but it's something you can do anywhere.

There is also medical transcription services too.

Babysitting? You're kinda doing it anyway. What's one more?

That's what my Mum used to do (some for free - she had pity on the many poor young single mums in the area, some for money)

In case you did not read it, Scott !

I didn't but one of my gigs is flexible - it doesn't matter where I work from. I have colleagues spread out around the country and os as well so we can cover all timezones.

Very little of my work needs to be done face to face, the phone, email and video links are just as good as being there for most negotiations.

Dog walking, pet minding, pet transporter, car washing, grow and sell plants, buy and sell second hand cars, pick up drop off car rentals, mystery shopper, make pom pom rugs ( yes they go for over 1k a piece), renovate caravans, dismantle and sell car parts, rate and review websites, write and distribute a ebook, repair iphone screens, start a photography business, home tutoring, pamphlet delivery, lawn mowing, weeding fence painting, nannying, prostitution, paint or sculpture, invent and patent, deliver pizzas, start a market stall, build and distribute portable and stationary wood fired ovens, rent a room out, attach a caravan and rent it out, sell your car, stack shelves at coles, lease your children to a modelling company, model yourself, buy and fix up bikes and sell them, make Xmas decorations, grow pine trees for Xmas, make monster size Easter eggs, learn a new language and then translate, print and distribute t-shirts, design print and sell stickers, start a kids costume company, work at your local schools tuckshop, sell a product to your local kids tuckshop, make pet blankets and pet costumes, steal ideas off Pinterest and mass produce, design trendy iphone holders and sell on eBay, design trendy plant pot holders and sell in eBay etc etc

Make little wedding take home boxes, muffin business, make and sell organic soap, make your own laundry powder, ironing, laundry, bike repair, bike rental, collect and distribute cardboard moving boxes, make pet food, make pet treats, grow fruit and veg sell to restaurants for cash, take up crabbing and netting sell your catch, make fish tanks, start mini herb gardens, learn bas and contract out, make jam pickle relish curry powder chocolate truffles, google ad words, trade in the stock market, hire out your pets, breed your pets, breed dogs birds cats snakes monkeys, start a prank calling company, telesale professionally, become a impressionilist, grow some hydroponic goodies, build and sell hydroponic setups, shape and design surfboards, restore a vintage car, build custom made doors, sell second hand books online, create Kindle book packs and sell on gumtree, sell full hard drives on gumtree, grow and sell preserved lemons, make and sell cumquat brandy, become a comedian, write movie scripts and try sell them, make music, hire out dj equipment, hire out your house for TV events, make and sell compost, buy some sheep shear and sell, bye a horse and rent out, start a miniture pony riding school for kids, bye a lamb and rent it out to schools, train a dog for a circus, turn tvs into fish tanks, document somersoft and sell as a realestate buying guide, take in some exchange students, lease out some exchange students, start making pottery plates cups plant holders sculptures, start pottery lessons, make and sell edible play dough, make edible face paint, start a cake business, make home made vodka

What skills do you have? What jobs have you done before? Might help to trigger some ideas from the forum.

I was originally meaning it to be a more general ideas thread, rather than specifically for me, but the wind has blown it this way sooo... I have a science background. Biology/medicine type. Lots of data analysis, entry, computer stuff.

I like the idea of data entry, or transcription. Not sure how much I can take and leave it. I'm going to have a look into that. Probably compete against all the overseas people willing to work for a pittance, but I'll have a look at if/how I can make it work.

Back