Increased Interest Rates

A few months ago I requested that our home loan interest rate be reviewed as we had had the loan for about 5 years..the rate was dropped, now 3 months later we get a notice that the interest rate has been increased by double what it had been reduced. (Does that make sense?)

Eg. reduced by .25 but increased by .50. A phone call to them and they basicly told me 'tough luck' now I'm wondering....

Is it worth while refianacing...the hassles of set up costs etc etc.

Any ideas here?

Thanks

Hi
It depends on what loan you have and who it is with.
Do you want to give us some more info?
Cheers
Bill

Collins-securities (linked via Anz somehow) as, I think a line of credit...basicly we use the account as a savings/everyday account.

The exact rate was 7.90% went down to 7.34% in July then they increased it to 7.99% Sept...

Hiya

Sounds like you might be one of the ones getting involved with the softening of the credit markets...............not unusual right now with many securitised lenders.

ta
rolf

Hi
If the loan size is high enough you could probably do better than 7.99 with another lender.
Have you had this mortgage for a while and do you know what the exit fees are?
Cheers

Had for over 5 years. Only $150 fee. However I have since spoken again with them they now will change me over to a new loan with no fees (for me) with an interst rate of 7.59...could I do better then that?

Thanks

Back