Indoor Rock Climbing (Sydney) - 28 September

Hey,

In discussion with Liberator...

What: First? Somersoft Rock Climbing Meetup
When: Saturday, 28 September
Where: St Peters Indoor Climbing Gym, Unit 4C/1-7 Unwins Bridge Road, St Peters
How: Well... can't give you all the little details
Who: Everyone!

It is $18 for adults and $6 for equipment hire if you haven't got your own.
All levels welcome.

Discuss time and what not here, and PM to exchange details. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Hey nhg thanks for setting this up! I'd suggest timing along the lines of 5.30pm - 7.30pm. The only issue I can see though is that I'm going to want to spend time doing both rock climbing and investment discussion... and it's not so easy to have an in-depth discussion between two people when they're at opposite ends of a climbing rope... :)

Last edited:
Hey nhg thanks for setting this up! I'd suggest timing along the lines of 5.30pm - 7.30pm. The only issue I can see though is that I'm going to want to spend time doing both rock climbing and investment discussion... and it's not so easy to have an in-depth discussion between two people when they're at opposite ends of a climbing rope... :)

There's an amazing Maltese café around the corner. Amazing pastizzis, pastas, and service. It has actually become a ritual to eat there after a climb over the last month, since my glorious Sydney return.

We can have a chat there afterwards, they are open till midnight.
~$20 for a large meal or $5 for a snack and coffee.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/70/751708/restaurant/Sydney/Pastizzi-Cafe-Newtown

There's an amazing Maltese café around the corner. Amazing pastizzis, pastas, and service. It has actually become a ritual to eat there after a climb over the last month, since my glorious Sydney return.

We can have a chat there afterwards, they are open till midnight.
~$20 for a large meal or $5 for a snack and coffee.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/70/751708/restaurant/Sydney/Pastizzi-Cafe-Newtown

I like the idea of a meal afterwards. Do you know if there's anything vegan-friendly at the Pastizzi cafe? If not, how would you feel about going a teesny bit further along King Street... http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/70/1452735/restaurant/Sydney/Vina-Vegetarian-Restaurant-Newtown :)

I'm keen. I would suggest if a café is the plan after, to push climbing a little earlier in the afternoon, so a) there's plenty of time to chat after b) those who aren't into rock climbing/can't, could make an appearance for the second half for a yak.

Pastizzi Cafe does have veg, yet I'm aware Vina Vegetarian is great. So I'm down to go there.

Anytime sat is good for me.

The menu photo I saw seemed to have a lot of cheese in the veg options? If they've got something vegan though that would be cool.

I'm keen. I would suggest if a café is the plan after, to push climbing a little earlier in the afternoon, so a) there's plenty of time to chat after b) those who aren't into rock climbing/can't, could make an appearance for the second half for a yak.

How does 3.30pm - 5.30pm sound? And then maybe dinner gathering from 6.30?

Last edited:
The menu photo I saw seemed to have a lot of cheese in the veg options? If they've got something vegan though that would be cool.

How does 3.30pm - 5.30pm sound? And then maybe dinner gathering from 6.30?

Oh Vegan, I misread as vegetarian. Vina Vegetarian it is. Better range. Time sounds good.

This sounds cool. I'm working Saturday till 5pm but can drop in at cafe after :) I'm mostly a reader here but will b nice n meet most of you :)

This sounds cool. I'm working Saturday till 5pm but can drop in at cafe after :) I'm mostly a reader here but will b nice n meet most of you :)

Hey esh, it will be great to meet you - you sent me a pm a while back but I couldn't reply to it to say thanks for the info! So... belated thanks :)

There will be another very impressive rock climbing centre opening on the central coast soon. Approvals in place, materials and climbing surface imported from the US. It will be good.

Maybe in.
Just checked my wallet and I still have the little card for when you pass the safety test from a casual visit about 2 years ago.

Aww come on :p

That induction is literally 5 mins long lol.

(Though admittedly peeved me as they made me do it 3 times cause I kept loosing my card and couldn't find me in the system).

Back