Inherited headache

Hi all , just wanted to ask how do you go about taking your name off an inheritited property?

i have inherited a 1/10th share in a property and want out! it is just a nightmare with 6 other people and 1 owning a 50% share in it.

Can i just go to the solicitors and sign a form or is this going to cost me alot of $$ ?? the titles are being changed into the 6 names at this moment and it has just been a never ending stress fight the whole way, this is why i just want to sign away my intrest and enjoy my life and not have to deal with the stress.

thanks

hi

i would gladly give them , i just want to make sure its legally done so that i am not held accountable for any rates etc. family + money + property = headache :(

froggy, is the plan to immediately sell the property and divide proceeds? If not, then what is the plan? :confused:

If there was any prospect of the beneficiaries wishing to retain ownership of the property, then the person who left the asset should have thought it through a bit more, and perhaps set up a testamentary trust. (Sorry - I know that doesn't help you with your current dilemma.)

Back