Insurance Broker?

Hi,

I've seen this mentioned in various posts and I'm a little unclear on insurance brokers ... :confused:

What does an insurance broker do?
What are the advantages of having an insurance broker?
Do you pay them a fee?
Any disadvantages?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Sue

just like a mortgage broker.
They recieve a commision from the policy provider so generally you dont pay anything.

cheers

Sometimes a small admin fee of circa $30 is involved and the rest is paid via commission form the insurance company they introduce you to as per broker to bank.

Get a good one and they are worth their weight in gold due to product and policy knowledge as well as handling all claims on your behalf.

Anyone know a good one in Sydney? Does it really matter if they are interstate?
I don't think it matters but still it is nice to have a face-to-face meeting. There are so many jargon and technicalities with these insurance stuff.
My one is located in Westmead. Let me know if you need his details.

Hiya
Is this for landlord insurance? What about income protection/ death/disability etc? Do they manage that too ?

Hi,

I've seen this mentioned in various posts and I'm a little unclear on insurance brokers ... :confused:

Do you pay them a fee?

Regards
Sue

Not directly, but your premium absolutely reflects the fact that an upfront comm (often more than 110% of your annual premium) is paid. With regard to life/tpd/trauma/income protection, Rebated comm will typically reduce premiums by approx 30%.

But then you would need to pay them a direct fee for their service.

Hiya
Is this for landlord insurance? What about income protection/ death/disability etc? Do they manage that too ?

Who would go to broker for landlord insurance? :rolleyes:

Brokers are useful for all other insurances.... Mostly these are set & forget type.

Who would go to broker for landlord insurance? :rolleyes:

Brokers are useful for all other insurances.... Mostly these are set & forget type.

I do, because the normal LL insurance won't provide
the type of cover I need (multiple lease). The broker has
an extensive knowledge on the industry , and if I ever need
to make a claim, they will be the one who do the talking.
MKP

Back