Interesting NRAS concept & how to go about it

This is why I love Somersoft, I learn something new every day, I had previously written off NRAS as not do-able for private developers.

Euro I'll send you a PM, to see if you can point me in the right direction to apply for a NRAS incentive on my development :)

IF you apply for it and get the allocation are you locked in to NRAS for the next however many years? DOes the whole development have to be NRAS or can some units be and some not?

IF you apply for it and get the allocation are you locked in to NRAS for the next however many years? DOes the whole development have to be NRAS or can some units be and some not?

Nope and Nope.
You can have part of the development NRAS and you can drop out of the system when you want to - or if you are selling you can sell it with the remainder of the 10yrs of NRAS license - or sell without.

Looks like you guys dont need me anymore! I've created a generation of NRAS guru's :)

Just for anyone considering NRAS applications - Round 5 is THE LAST tranche of NRAS allocations slated for release, at this stage. There may be a Round 6 , but it's not on the radar anywhere or with anyone at this point in time- so Round 5 and it's 10,000 available allocations is the final opportunity.

What does Govt want? Product (dwellings) to be delivered (available for tenancy) from July 1 ,2015 - June 30,2016. Where do they want it? They are open to taking applications for just about any location, and for any kind of dwelling. Studio, 1,2,3,4 bed apartments, townhomes, houses, duplexes, triplexes, dual occupancy, dual key, triple key...etc...

The critical criteria are very simple- you MUST have control of the site where you wish to develop ( you must own it or have an exchanged contract on it, or have an option on it) and you MUST be able to demonstrate a capacity to deliver ( they will ask for a CV showing your previous development experience )

The strongly preferred criteria are - Located within 3KM of rail, hospitals, schools, major shopping precincts and employment hubs. They want a DA either pending or approved. At the very least, conceptual drawings and some basic architectural plans are required. Finance either pending or approved. None of this is mandatory - just bonus point scoring. Energy Efficiency is also rewarded with bonus points when they assess applications.

There are some other things they ask for, but that's the big stuff.

Govt prefers a minimum of 20 dwellings in a project, but this is preferred, not mandatory. They will take applications for smaller developments.

And finally - the time line./deadline. Applications close on August 6 , so there's about a 4 weeks window left to make an application. It takes the best part of a week or two to collate the supporting documents required, so I'd say that really leaves 2 weeks or so to get things going...

Back