Internet Banking

I've just realised that on my "favourites" I have 7 internet banking sites, and I actually haven't added 1 yet.... :rolleyes:

No, I don't want more, but I do have one bank that I haven't registered for online banking with.
What did we do in the old days? hehehehe

Why would one want accounts with so many different banks?

I've got 2, and one is pretty much redundant since I don't have money in it and I don't use it at all.

I like to have all my money in one location so I can see what's going on.

Though I do have a great many email addresses! I just can't resist trying them all out :D

Desto.

My sister-in law came to visit from Mexico about 7-8 years ago. Before Internet banking.

She was a very quiet type, and very seldom expressed surprise about anything. But there's were only two things in which she expressed any surprise.

1. Being able to pay bills by pushing buttons on a telephone

2. Being able to flush toilet paper rather than have to put it in a bin

Originally posted by Desto
Why would one want accounts with so many different banks?

I only have one primary transaction account - all salary goes in there and credit card gets paid from it automatically at the end of the month. It is also an offset account.

I have an ING savings account which was used before we got the offset account - we keep it because it costs nothing to do so.

Several of the accounts are for tracking share accounts (with linked cash accounts) - so are not strictly online banking, but is still finance related.

All of the remaining accounts (including the new one I am about to acquire) are for loans. I have loans with 3 banks, soon to be 4.

Having multiple trusts tends to lead to having multiple accounts and indeed multiple lenders too.

It sounds like Sim is closest to my situation!
I have one bank with most of my stuff, including big LOC etc.
Another bank has my personal cheque account.
An ING savings maximiser (for storing funds in waiting for settlement so they're there when I need them!!)
Another bank which used to have a lot of stuff but now only has a credit card.
Another bank which insisted we had to have an account with them for loan payments.
Then loans, loans, loans!!
I'm in the process of streamlining things a little, but only a little.
when did life get so complicated?
Oh, that's right, when I decided it was time to get financial independent. Guess I have to have something to do, so logging in to lots of internet banking sites is as good as anything... hehehehe ;)

I agree totally... wrangling multiple online banking sites is a small price to pay for financial freedom !

*sigh*

I'm with small credit unions for my banking (less fees). but the price I pay is no internet banking....

Jas

Yup, I pay a small fortune in fees for all my accounts everywhere - but the convenience of a good online banking service is worth it to me. I don't like doing (and often can't do) my banking during bank hours - it's often 11pm at night or later when I'm doing my banking !

I'm with Desto: why would you want accounts with so many different banks?

Mr T and myself are both with the same credit union now. I have been banking with these guys for seven years, took a bit of persuading on my behalf to get Mr T to transfer all of his accounts over from one of the big 4 (beats paying over $40 in bank fees every month).

This credit union is fantastic, they can never do enough for us, their service is amazing, yes they have telephone banking, yes they have phone banking, and the best part is we pay no fees!!

We have three major accounts, 2 of which our wages are paid into and a joint account which itself houses several sub-accounts: savings, loans, and separate accounts for expensive items such as car expenses, insurance, holidays and medical bills. They are happy for us to have as many accounts as we want. We log in and there they all are - everything at a glance. Ahh, simplicity!

Have I made you all green with envy yet?

:)

(the-very-absent-of-late)MissTerious

Back