Investing in the USA (Brisbane meeting)

Investing in USA

Hi,
Are these meetings held on a regular basis as would like to attend one? Always glad to share my investing in US experience.
For example I've found www.zillow.com a good starting point for my research especially in relation to locak market information and state by state comparisons.
I looked at this to give us an idea of the better US states to invest in.
Cheers,
Geoff W

US Investing Opportunities

Hi All,
I am a property investor (residential property at this stage) and my partner and I have recently purchased two properties in Texas, USA (one with local US bank finance) with the assistance of two other investors. They advised us that it's important before making any decisions about purchasing overseas to check it out firsthand. They suggested to make any trip worthwhile you should go with a group like-minded investors. That way we can all benefit from sharing different ideas and viewpoints. It was also suggested that if certain activities were planned as part of a tour, ie meeting with city/county officials re: property investment opportunities in a seminar forum situation then this could be viewed more favourably when claiming trip expenses for tax purposes. Our investor colleagues are happy to arrange this on our behalf as well as transport and accomodation.
So I’m looking for 6-8 people to join me on a tour in the first week of the Qld September school holidays. Being a TAFE teacher this made sense to me.
The tour will showcase a variety of property investment opportunities.
Anyway, if anyone is interested could you email me on [email protected]
Cheers,
Geoff W

Hi all

If anyone's interested in our group (BIG) you are welcome to come to our next meeting. For details type in BIG. The meeting this month is about taxation and property investing as it's that time of the year.

As for investing in the US, our committee felt that there was interest out there and that for a future forum it could be a suitable topic. So far Ozperp mentioned that she could present if available and we were hoping for someone else to provide some extra info based on their experiences.

Thanks for the offer Geoff. As I mentioned we are not sure yet when it could happen. I know we are hoping to get the Reno Kings and Noel Whittaker to some of our future meetings. I'll try to keep you posted.

Regards, Neil:cool:

Back