Investment advisers traineeship

I've been thinking of a career change for a little while now. Looking at becoming an R/E agent but unable to take the wage hit of a junior. There is a traineeship being offered by a property investment advisers group which looks ok. I could work there and do my cert IV in Property Services. It is a way to get into R/E in a bigger way than I already am.

Anyone done anything similar? What could I expect from a position like this?

I did a traineeship with a mortgage broker many moons ago. Went halvies in training costs and accomodation while I did 2 weeks initial training (no pay) then $400 per week for the first 6 months I think it was. I worked my old job weekends to make ends meet.

Id suggest keeping your old job and trying to find a part time new role, or something that you could work around your existing jobs hours.

I doubt there would be a significant diference between a traineeship wage and the wage of a junior in the examples you gave.

Please do consider the snake oil industry as it is a safer, more stable and better regarded alternative.

Mark B
CEO / Founder / Chief Spruiker
Acme Snake Oil Ltd

This position is offering $50K base + bonuses - around $80-110K OTE.

I didn't think there were many part time options in the real estate game. Feels a bit all or nothing to me. It's the wage hit that would ruin me at this point in my investing career though.

Please do consider the snake oil industry as it is a safer, more stable and better regarded alternative.

Mark B
CEO / Founder / Chief Spruiker
Acme Snake Oil Ltd

Hahaha for reals? That's what I was worried about. Is it investment advisers specifically that this applies to or the real estate industry in general?

I didn't think there were many part time options in the real estate game. Feels a bit all or nothing to me. It's the wage hit that would ruin me at this point in my investing career though.

If you're not willing to take the risk, stick with what you know. Besides, you'd be far better off throwing away that wage slave mentality and starting your own business.

You will find there are many options available to you that allow you to work from home, on a part time basis, after work/on weekends, until you are earning enough to go full time.

Is it the AMP Horizons? . If you can get paid while training it sounds good.

It's Yale Property Solutions. Full time training wage.

I'm in a partnership at the moment. What other property related things could I go into working part time? Not interested in being a broker, have thought about project management but who really employs someone they don't know whose not in a big firm to project manage?

We need a Diploma of Financial Services (Financial Planning) to get in. It says 50K p/a. Is that the part-time income or full-time income?

Don't know the details devank - but you could get the diploma in as little as a day. I think the $50k pa is for the first 6 months training full time.

Don't know the details devank - but you could get the diploma in as little as a day. I think the $50k pa is for the first 6 months training full time.

Yes plenty of my friends did this - do the training with a big corporate, get their diploma and then go do their own thing in some shape or form.

Back