Investors could create housing bubble: RBA

If you're implying they always make a profit, but not as much as they could have made, then you're essentially agreeing with my original point. It's hard to not make money in a rising market.
Noway i'm not agreeing with anyone,all i'm trying to say is if you leave something in the deal for the next person then you will always sell in any market,where as a lot of investors that are in the reno game in Brisbane that i know are having problems even getting their money back in the 1.4-2.5 mill range that just can't get offers..willair..

Noway i'm not agreeing with anyone,all i'm trying to say is if you leave something in the deal for the next person then you will always sell in any market,where as a lot of investors that are in the reno game in Brisbane that i know are having problems even getting their money back in the 1.4-2.5 mill range that just can't get offers..willair..
Brisbane is not a rising market at the moment. Not as far as I can see. Commercial sector is decimated and landbankers are being hung out to dry. My point was regarding rising markets.

Brisbane is not a rising market at the moment. Not as far as I can see. Commercial sector is decimated and landbankers are being hung out to dry. My point was regarding rising markets.

so sell at a realistic price and leave some market-realistic fat - 5-10-20% - in the deal and you'll move it.

As i know nothing about the Commercial Sector in inner Brisbane maybe in a few years if the BCC rezone one of the properties to 25 floors and above i may then..

Brisbane can go flat for several years not that it's going to worry me,it's people like yourself who need to follow the market trends i just go with the flow,btw what do you invest is :rolleyes::rolleyes:..willair..

Maybe they could convert all those big shiny empty office blocks into apartments.:eek:
Brisbane can go flat for several years not that it's going to worry me,it's people like yourself who need to follow the market trends i just go with the flow,
Brisbane can only be flat for so long before sentiment wains.

or it stays flat and every other capital city rises until Brisbane looks like a "good deal now".

many ways to skin a cat.
That seems like an odd investment strategy. Comparing the relative capital values while ignoring the fundamentals. I saw similar on here recently where one poster had a graph comparing Brisbane prices directly to Melbourne prices and the other posters were looking at it in awe that Brisbane was going to soar (hyperbole). It seems like the thinking from bubbles elsewhere, and I see it in the media all the time.

Cash is the investment for the non-investor.

It's simply a savings plan for the uneducated.

Nothing wrong with that, but you need to be aware of what you are.

Having cash makes you a saver

If you have some investing knowledge, you can do far better than cash.

Agree to a point but I like to think of myself as saving for now to invest later. when I was younger I used to fluff around trading shares etc and found I was spending too much work time doing things that really were not paying anymore than a job at McDonalds on the weekend. Putting money in the bank is a genuine passive investment that requires next to no time managing.

I actually called this deposit account "home deposit" as that was the intention but for now I am biding my time waiting for our FHSA's to mature (you only get good benefits effectively about 24% gross return in the first 12months on 5k per annum per account) These accounts have me locked out of the market which in Perth for the next 6 months (when they mature 4 installments) is not making me lose any sleep.

I put money into these and U bank each year so basically have all my money in bank deposits in some form and agree I am not putting it there to make a quid really to protect my money while I grow it into an amount worth investing.

For the last 12 months mine has been in u bank and left there before that it was with ING. I occasionally check the rate in case they decide they have had their fill of deposits but otherwise it sits there.

I guess worst case non home owners can dump there savings say 10k per annum per couple in these FHSA's and pay a 15% tax rate on them. This works till the couple saves 150k within the accounts and they have sponged about 15 to 20k off the government in this time through the co contribution of $850.00 each per annum.

My little piece of welfare action.

Back