Investorsdirect services anyone

Hi all,
just wondering if anyone has used Investorsdirect sevices for finance, Do they hold relevant licences, what type of lenders etc. I went to a seminar in Melbourne a few weeks ago and heard Bill Zheng talk about different strategies. Very motivational but I still need to do my homework. Thanks in advance
regards Bushy

I have been to Investors Direct once and will never EVER return. Admittedly this was about 2 years ago but they would want to have cleaned up their act SIGNIFICANTLY!!!!

We booked in to see Bill Zheng and got another advisor. Decided that it was Bill we wanted to see (since he was promoting himself as the guru) and was told that you see another advisor on the first visit. So I had to insist on seeing him because he was the one who was promoted as having all the answers. Thats OK, got an appointment with him. Called back to confirm the appointment a week before going there and what do you know, the appointment was still there but it was with another advisor. Same reason, Bill is very busy so they put you in with another person first. So I inisted that we have an appointment with Bill and this time we got one. So this all took about 6 weeks. The end result was that we asked him to arrange a pre-approval for a house purchase and after much chasing up it came through about 3pm on the Friday before the auction.

This experience with the 'you can't see Bill on your first visit' has also happened to another person I spoke to.

Bill Zheng seems to be trying to build up a 'one stop shop' for all your investing needs - finance (himself), property selection (Wakelins) and accounting (can't remember the name), and there is a developer there also. He originally tried this with Ed Burton seminar attendees, got too much work and blew himself up (which is when I went to see him.) Maybe he's got his act together now, but once bitten......

Tubs

I have seen Bill's name around a bit. Most of their communications are a bit "sales" focused but that's just an observation. He seems to be doing well for himself on the seminar circuit.

Hi all

From my experience i would be aware of one stop shops. It appears to have good intentions but then the greed sets in and it becomes a production line type mentality.

Cheers
BC

Have seen there site Aceducey but didnt see any mention of licences or accreditation to any associations. I thought you would have to have something if you are a loan broker.
Thanks all for replies

Regards Bushy

Bushy said:
Hi all,
just wondering if anyone has used Investorsdirect sevices for finance, Do they hold relevant licences, what type of lenders etc. I went to a seminar in Melbourne a few weeks ago and heard Bill Zheng talk about different strategies. Very motivational but I still need to do my homework. Thanks in advance
regards Bushy

In fact they are quite adamant that they are NOT licensed financial advisers. Mortgage broking seems to be their "window" through to being your "finance strategist".

N.

More on Investors Direct?

Hi everyone

Been listening in to this great forum for a while now, but this is my first post...ever :)

Anyway, just did the Reno King's seminar in Brisbane last weekend and am now in the process of getting my 'team' together (property-wise accountant, solicitor & mortgage broker).

Our situation quickly - PPOR paid off (~600k), 1 IP -CF and now ready to 'do things properly' and build a portfolio (dream is to have passive income of ~$150k in 10 years).

I was very impressed with Bill Zheng's presentation and I got a great recommendation re. his/ his company's broker skills from another seminar participant, who is already very successful in property. So I was all ready to go ahead with Investors Direct but now came across this thread.

So what I'd like to know (one stop shop issues aside) - is there anyone with more recent experience than 2 years ago - ie. Bushy did you end up trying them out? I'm keen to find someone who will structure my loans from the start so that I have best options for finance in the long term? This is probably not going to be such a great issue for us in the very beginning but from what I hear people hit the finance brick wall pretty quickly so getting the good broker from the start is the right thing to do (?).

So I guess I'd like a bit more feedback before making up my mind...

Thanks!

k

Hi Kaf

Its hard to go past a personal recommendation from someone that you know, so that seems like a reasonable bet.

Many here are DYI finance people or they have used various independent brokers, from here and elsewhere, thats why its likely that there may not be a big response to your question.

Ta

rolf

Investors Direct is great.

I have personally used their service and they are fantastic!

They are mortgage brokers specially for property investors. I was told that Bill has multiple investment properties himself and his staff also do properties too. Some of them have 10 properties. They do know what they are doing.

I used their service to put together my finance and investement strategy. They organised my loans in a fantastic way: very friendly and formal. You get emails or phone calls from them to be informed every steps and every progress of the finance. You are in control. For the difficult deals when you are buying your No# 6 or No# 10 property, they know the "know-how".

Tell you what, if you want to organise finance for your investment properties, especially if you want your portfolio to grow, you have to use them.

I investigated their background before I commited to their service, it seemed that they have a few thousand clients. It can't be wrong if more than a thousand people want to use them, for a history!

By the way, don't look for a perfect guy, there is none. Just get the one that works!

Hope this helps Bushy.

Ta
"Always buy diamonds."

DiamondsAlways said:
I used their service to put together my finance and investement strategy.
That's a very glowing recommendation DiamondsAlways.

I'd be interested to hear about the investment advice you received and how it helped you in forming your strategy.

Ruby :)

Hey Ani,

For your information, I am not on any payroll at all. :cool: I am not sure where you got that idea from. Do you get paid by posting your ideas here?

It seems that I have walked in a mine field unknowingly. After checking out your guy's profiles, I know why I have stepped on some tails: Some guys are mortgage brokers!

I am out of here.

Good luck!

"Diamond is forever!"

Diamonds

When somebody comes in here, and on their first post, heaps praise on one company, the post can understandably be viewed with some suspicion. We have had posters who have done this, who have proved to be associated with that company.

By all means, stay to contribute. Please understand suspicion about contributors we don't know anything about. We've been bitten. Staying to contribute in other ways will add a lot to what you've said about InvestorsDirect. Leaving will detract.

We all have hugely different experiences. You have obviously had some experience in property investing- possibly a lot. Your contributuons will be welcome.

Ruby said:
That's a very glowing recommendation DiamondsAlways.

I'd be interested to hear about the investment advice you received and how it helped you in forming your strategy.

Ruby :)

Hi Diamonds,

I echo Ruby's thoughts. Cummon, show us your cards.

Ummm ..... hang on.

Instead of trashing someone and questioning their motives, why not ring up the co. involved directly? Find out for yourselves? Even if its their first post.

You know - due diligence .... THEN if you find something of substance that actually indicates what Diamond has to say wasnt entirely kosher- only THEN get on your high horse and blast away.

Anyway - I've done this - I've been in to see them, talked through my present strategy, what they would recommend, the services they offer.

I like what they have to say. Their structure is sound, and relatively safe.

I have now heard Bill present on a number of occasions and have spoken to him. I would have no hesitation recommending him, his methods, his services.

Of course, like many on this forum, we already know and use the methods he teaches and the services he sells.

I like his 'hibernation' strategy.

What was the outcome for me? Well - he was very impressed with my current structure. And so he should be - its a combination Navra/Spann with some other misc theories and beliefs thrown in. It closely matches his own - but it was more the mindset and wholistic approach that he was interested in.

His services? Well - they applied for a construction loan (small) for a development of ours - but couldnt quite match the deal we got independently. I wasnt surprised - but their service was second to none. Friendly, knowledgeable, prompt, no messing around. They knew beforehand the deal they needed to beat, said that they most probably wouldnt come close - but they TRIED ANYWAY.

Thats pretty good in my books.

Anyway back to making more moolah.

Tom.

Reactions: Les
Hi Tom - I've been to see a presentation of Bill's but cannot quite remember the detail as I was in and out a bit. From what I CAN remember their strategies revolve around the idea of constant revaluing , drawing out lines of credit on your properties and using the excess within the LOC to fund outgoings (including capitalising interest) , thus reducing cash outflow.

Is that what you meant by "hibernation" strategy??

Cheers,

Ed.

Back