Invitation to “Budburst in Macedon Ranges” Free Wine! This is not Spam...Peter 14.7

Dear All

As many would know Mrs 14.7 and I moved from mean old Sydney to the luuvely Macedon Ranges. We are “tree changers” in the true-est sense.

Anyhow I thought we should not keep this great secret to ourselves and as those hard working types in Melbourne might like a break, I would like to personally invite you all to come up to the Macedon Ranges and checking out the “Budburst” Festival this weekend:)

Here is the weblink.

http://www.budburst.com/BB2006/

Essentially 30 or so Local Wineries are on display with wine tasting over two days.

For $10 you get list of places and passbook and a tasting glass you can fill at each one with various reds, whites and sparkling. It would take the two days to do them all!

Being that Somersoftians are into bargains, how that for $10!!! Even one day in good value.

Many wineries have food available and entertainment going such as German sausage, olive tasting, sucking pig roasts, live jazz and art displays. You pay for the food but entertainment is free. The Olives are probably free as well.

I am yet to see many ourselves but I can recommend;

Paramoor Winery

Wines on Tasting: Pinot noir, Riesling, Chardonnay, Brut (Macedon Ranges), Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot (Central Victoria)

Food: Oysters Natural, plus gourmet light lunch menu plus cheese and olives platters, all at attractive prices

Entertainment: A cellar door/piano wine bar like no other! Enjoy great blues music blues music accompanied on our very own Wertheim piano, fine wine and Macedon ranges cheese and olives whilst relaxing in a charming olde tyme Clydesdale working horse barn.
Paramoor’s fabulous Clydesdale working horse barn complete with blacksmith’s forge, tack room and horse stalls provides a marvellous cellar door setting. Enjoy a platter of fresh oysters naturel (or a gourmet light lunch) and a glass or two of lovely Paramoor wine (including new releases), whilst listening to classic blues music!

Details: Paramoor is one of the newest wineries in the Macedon Ranges. Rated by James Halliday in his 2007 Australian Wine Companion at 41/2 stars. Try our outstanding new release of 2005 Pinot Noir.

Address: 439 Three Chain Road , Carlsruhe
ph: 5427 1057

Weather is predicted to mid 20s and sunny. Accommodation may be scare and sadly our B& B in still in the planning stages but Macedon ranges links will be able to help. Note: is can get very cold very quick so bring a coat as well.

To find the region it is only 1 hour drive from Melbourne CBD , all freeway along the Calder Freeway. Towns on show include Macedon, Hanging Rock, Romsey, Lancefield, Kyneton and my new digs Woodend. All within 30 km of each other.

Also on the website some crowd called Frontier Wines are offering 2 bus tours per day, each visiting 5 wineries. Save on the driving risk.

Give me a PM and we may be able to catch up!

Regards, Peter 14.7:)

PS: No responsibilities taken for increased waistlines and sore heads and always drink with commonsense if driving.

No but we do offer steak knives:D

Seriously, accommodation at these times is hard due to demand Our property is going to be part BNB and part retail because of this.

You should pay $150 to $200 a night for BNB and try the smaller towns and farmstays.

regards, Peter 14.7

I know this is a bit late for this weekend BUT in the future any Melbournians who wish to go to Peters beautiful part of the world, the train goes to and through most of the towns Peter has mentioned.Its a very comfy ,cheap and enjoyable train ride with great views along the way.A lovely way to spend a sunday wondering around a couple of these towns.
I hope the weekend went very well Peter.
cheers yadreamin

Hi All

I dont know if anyone made it up but I trust my post was interesting.

The Train is a great way to go to explore. It is suppose to be VERy Fast Train but more slightly Faster Train. Stillonly ust past an hour.

Regards, Peter

I dont know if anyone made it up but I trust my post was interesting.
Sorry Peter,

Kay and I were too busy enjoying the spectacular weather in mean old Sydney this weekend. Coffees by the beach and lakeside markets. There was even a free (not $10 ;) ) open air cinema at Narrabeen lake that we went to. We saw "March of the Penguins" which was great. It was a comfy 20 degrees plus even after dusk and just a cool breath of wind. Aden was accommodating, falling asleep in my arms, as we reclined on some very colourful chairs some good friends of ours donated. :D

Sorry to drag you and Anne away from the luuvely Macedon Ranges back to mean old Sydney this weekend coming, but remember not to pack a coat, you won't need it. Pack some shorts and a hat and we'll treat you to a Christmas summer escape. Accommodation is free! And I know that Anne at least can't wait... ;) Oh, and we promise not to be too mean.

Cheers,
Michael.

Sorry to drag you and Anne away from the luuvely Macedon Ranges back to mean old Sydney this weekend coming, but remember not to pack a coat, you won't need it. Pack some shorts and a hat and we'll treat you to a Christmas summer escape. Accommodation is free! And I know that Anne at least can't wait... ;) Oh, and we promise not to be too mean.

Cheers,
Michael.

Giday Mike

Variety is the spice of life. We LOVE Sydney and North Narra!

As for being free , the visit has already cost me a colour and cut for wife so say $100 +++ and by the time your wife and mine finish doing all the things they have planned we will both be seriously out of pocket.

BTW have you heard your booked 7:30am Saturday for dual baby minding duties??? whilst they Gym and Breakfast?

See ya soon, Peter 14.7

Lizzie said:
It is suppose to be VERy Fast Train but more slightly Faster Train. Stillonly ust past an hour.
taking on board the spelling and punctuation - i'd say peter is still enjoying the wining (and dining) weekend ...

Hehe - LIVE IT Peter !!!! Sounds great. (Also sounds like "No regrets" - or, to quote the TV "Never coming back" - have I got the name right?)

Regards,

Back