"Ipswich to do a Parramatta"

Hi

I see that Ipswich Council (want) to do a Parramatta, according an article a few hours ago on NineMSN.

http://money.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8183580

As someone who has been bitterly disappointed with Parramatta and its Council, I can only hope, for Ipswich's sake, that it doesn't do a Parramatta.

As one major commentator said last year, "Common sense will tell you Parramatta Council is going backwards quickly."

I agree with that sentiment. Millions of (taxpayers) dollars have been lost/ squandered through the Civic Place debacle, and the negligence of Council.

As the previous Lord Mayor (of Parramatta) said, ''Parramatta has been considered the CBD of the west for so long but it has never really grown into the reality of that."

The obvious fact is that the state government has ''walked away from Parramatta'', and rightly so, because of him and his colleagues on Council.

"Ipswitch to do a Parramatta", in that case I would selling any IP's in Ipswich.

Regards

Tony

...As someone who has been bitterly disappointed with Parramatta and its Council, I can only hope, for Ipswich's sake, that it doesn't do a Parramatta.

As one major commentator said last year, "Common sense will tell you Parramatta Council is going backwards quickly."

I agree with that sentiment. Millions of (taxpayers) dollars have been lost/ squandered through the Civic Place debacle, and the negligence of Council.

Tony

Thank you for the thread, one of my best friend's father was the humble GM of Parramatta CC for a number of years - when it was going gang busters IMHO.

One of the things this GM did was walk around Parra daily (when not raining) different streets/areas with other Parra CC workers early in the morning to see what needed to be done and the jobs got done.

He also advocated not building white elephants that cost tax payers money & increased rates.

Kind Regards
Sheryn
Regards
Sheryn

I don't know much about Parramatta, but the Ipswich council seem to be very proactive. The Mayor Paul Pisasale is extremely passionate about Ipswich and its future. As long as this man is Mayor then I believe Ipswich will continue to thrive.

As far as IP's in Ipswich area, .... I'll be hanging onto mine.

Mystery .... :p

I think the article is very positive for Ipswich. Paul Pisasale has done wonders for the town. I think the statement 'will be like Paramatta is to Sydney' is more about it being a satellite city as Paramatta is to Sydney :p The town centre is dead and definitely needed reviving. If anyone could do it well, it's council, they have worked so hard in recent years to lift the face of Ipswich.

I'd definitely buy there if rates weren't so damn high :rolleyes:

I think the article is very positive for Ipswich. Paul Pisasale has done wonders for the town. I think the statement 'will be like Paramatta is to Sydney' is more about it being a satellite city as Paramatta is to Sydney :p The town centre is dead and definitely needed reviving. If anyone could do it well, it's council, they have worked so hard in recent years to lift the face of Ipswich.

I'd definitely buy there if rates weren't so damn high :rolleyes:

Agree. Those that have bought in that area/corridor over the past five years or so have done very well. Fundamentals should still be positive there, however to turn it into a Parramatta, they will need twenty cranes. Cannot see it getting that big for a very long time.

I was last there about a year and a half ago.......very dishevelled town centre. No doubt it will be improved and become a satellite city/node like Parramatta but certainly not in magnitude. It all sounds positive though. :)

Back