Irish coming to live/work for a while

Hi

1st post

Myself and the missus are coming over in Oct. I plan to bum around for a few weeks and then start to work. if things work out we plan to spend 2/3 years there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for non nationals requiremnets to purchase property?

cheers from Irl
DM

Welcome to SS DM...is that what you really do? Make Diamonds? (Just kidding.)
My Mum came out from Ireland as a wee tyke and family made Australia their home. The climate can be very addictive. Where are you thinking of living in Oz whilst you are here?

Welcome,
As well as satisfying the FIRB (which usually means buying off the plan), you will also have to satisfy lenders requirements, if you are planning on borrowing part of the purchase price. As a general rule, most lenders will ony lend 70% of the properties value.

Thanks all.

Plan to work in Perth for a stint ( im in construction shes in Proprerty ) then do some of the travelling . Then possibly try another city ( hear Melbourne is the place to be ) for another while.
Yeah Im sure ill get hooked on the weather as im a real outdoorsy sun baby. SPent some quality years growing up in California that ill never forget.

As far a decent earning, quality of life and cost of rent/property WA seems a good option to start?

Any comments?

thanks again all.
DM
( yes I really do make diamonds ;) )

Hi DM,

Welcome to the forum.

My wife and I moved from Ireland to Australia in 2000.

We bought our PPOR (Principle Place of Residence - i.e. home to live in, not investment property) before we had Australian residency. That is fine with the FIRB, but you need to get approval from them first. The approval is just a formality, as long as the property will be your PPOR.

If you're looking for an investment property it's a different story - you have to get Permanent Residency first, otherwise there are restrictions as to what you can buy - has to be new development, off-the-plan etc.

You could always purchase a property as a PPOR, live in it for a year, and then turn it into an investment property later (after getting Permanent Residency).

Cheers, Shadow.

Hi Diamondmaker,

have you considered what visa you and your wife will be applying for to stay in Australia for that period? Do either of you already have Australian citizenship or Australian Permanent residence?

Ajax

Back