Is anyone buying now - in 2013

Have you or are you intending to buy in 2013

• Yes

Votes: 77 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am buying and selling, good time for both.

Purchased 2 development sites, 3 unit site in Perth and 4 unit site in Melb.

MTR

Have signed contracts for 2 properties this week, both in western Sydney. That would bring the total purchases in the last 12 months to 4 resis and 1 CIP. Only regret is that I couldn't get more in Sydney before prices moved.

Bought 2 over the last couple of months,finishing big reno job in about 2 weeks,once got tenant I will be looking to buy soon as I can get a good deal.

Macca446

Settling on one in Brisbane in 3 weeks.. Solid double brick box 500m from the bay on a good size block, dated ugly kitchen,absolutely hideous wallpaper and styrofoam ceiling and styrofoam cornice!! I've never seen such a ceiling before!!
$15-$20k spruce up should take rent up approx $80 per week.

smaller blocks of land without houses on them further from the water are selling for more than I got this one for, I reckon it's not a bad purchase.

Am also hunting for another one in Brisbane at the moment, itchy trigger finger.....

Marrickville, as well.
That's three people in this thread who have bought in that suburb recently. Amazing how it's changed in the last few years.

Settling on one in Brisbane in 3 weeks.. Solid double brick box 500m from the bay on a good size block, dated ugly kitchen,absolutely hideous wallpaper and styrofoam ceiling and styrofoam cornice!! I've never seen such a ceiling before!!
$15-$20k spruce up should take rent up approx $80 per week.

smaller blocks of land without houses on them further from the water are selling for more than I got this one for, I reckon it's not a bad purchase.

Am also hunting for another one in Brisbane at the moment, itchy trigger finger.....

Nate sounds very similar to one we settled on yesterday (in birkdale) about 400m from the shops

The house we bought is that crap that we managed to secure a 1400 Sqm block for 370k ( can't believe how cheap this is compared to similar suburbs in melbourne)
About the styrofoam ceiling - it may be asbestos. So be careful when your ripping
it out

Where did you buy? We looked in every bayside suburb north and south. We didn't think birkdale was the best pick but the deal was too good to be true

The house we bought is that crap that we managed to secure a 1400 Sqm block for 370k ( can't believe how cheap this is compared to similar suburbs in melbourne)

Ben, you cant really compare your purchase as being cheap in relation to Melbourne. You must compare apples with apples.

That being the case, for your purchase to be cheap, the purchase price would have to be lower in comparison to other similiar type properties located within the immediate surrounds of Birkdale your purchase location.

I think what you were meaning is that your purchase price was lower (not cheaper) than Melbourne prices.

Btw, congratulations on your purchase.

Ben, you cant really compare your purchase as being cheap in relation to Melbourne. You must compare apples with apples.

That being the case, for your purchase to be cheap, the purchase price would have to be lower in comparison to other similiar type properties located within the immediate surrounds of Birkdale your purchase location.

I think what you were meaning is that your purchase price was lower (not cheaper) than Melbourne prices.

Btw, congratulations on your purchase.

Cheers rixter

Yes what you said us true however I am confident Brisbane will catch up , high population growth , incomes catching up ( census data)

Also I have had another look and I can't find a block over 1200 for under 450 k in any area in a 30k radius from Brisbane

Didn't check Logan

Cheers rixter

Yes what you said us true however I am confident Brisbane will catch up , high population growth , incomes catching up ( census data)

Also I have had another look and I can't find a block over 1200 for under 450 k in any area in a 30k radius from Brisbane

Didn't check Logan

I agree,

I have researched the Redlands area extensively for a while and 1400sqm for $370k is definitely a good buy!

Especially if you can chop it up.

Have you had a prelim discussion with council about this yet?

Nate

Back