Is anyone buying now - in 2013

Have you or are you intending to buy in 2013

• Yes

Votes: 77 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looked at few things up there, many prices seem to have remained at the same level as a few years ago.

Yes .....

But increasing turnover in many areas and decreasing stock level .

Sort of similar to Sydney one year ago .

Im not sure how quickly Brisbane will move , 1 year - 5 years but it will move at some stage , and it's four years closer to moving than it was four years ago :)

At the moment it's possible to negotiate on nice properties in nice areas .

Cliff

Inner Brisbane has already moved ... A fair bit too
The lower end is nothing like it was 6 months ago

You could get a house on 700sqm clise to city for 400 pretty easy

Now there's nothing in that bracket

Hopefully bays are next

Piston: I read your last few posts which make perfect senses. Many people are actually losing plenty of money if they were selling at the end of year 2008 in Sydney. I bought one house from a vendor who lost A$150K.

Looked at few things up there, many prices seem to have remained at the same level as a few years ago.

However, above statement is the perfect evidence of good time to buy, if you want to buy well, and have less chance to be in the negative equity group. (Please note that I am not talking about mining town without population growth where the price might be down forever.)

I settled 4 houses in Brisbane and Sunshine coast areas last month. I normally never do any more search for RE within next few years, but I just did a search and couldn't find the same quality and prices of the houses I was buying few months ago. I always paid the market price and hardly have any bargain.

Bought a town house in Camden around March, no more for a while, wife and kids want long overdue European holiday

Back