Is anyone out there making a bit of spare change on Affiliate marketing

I am reading one of Stuart Zadels books (the first was Think and Grow Rich 'in property') and now I am reading Think & Grow 'Rich Cashflow'.

In it there is a bit about affiliate marketing and pay per click info.

having a read of this portrays the views that it is pretty easy to do, if you can get your head around twitter, facebook, blogs, and sites like Clinkbank, Commission Junction and Linkshare.

They suggest market a product or service on something that is one of your hobbies.

Is anyone doing this for some extra cash. writing a few reports to market products, etc?

Some of the examples or supposed snapshots of peoples accounts show some people making alot of money from this.

Interested to hear thoughts from anyone doing it?

F

Did ya really or is that sarcasm ! sorry , could be a dumb question .

Cheers

not sarcasm, actually it is has not been a side income but it has been my main income and in 2008 I made over 100,000 for spending as low as a couple of hours a week working, nearly as much in 2009 but this last year has been very slow due to losing a few channels. The problem with the industry is it is very unpredictable and you have to rely on a number of companies and factors. On the postive side if you find a good stream you can sit back and watch your bank account go up. Now I'm currently looking at new opportunities since my income has dropped quite a bit of late but the good thing is there are many things you can do.... oh yeah, with the US dollar worth nothing like it was then that also means a huge drop in income lately if you sell stuff to US consumers, I'm currently looking at finding more Aussie merchants to promote.

Sure it can be done but it's not that easy any more.
There is a lot of competition, and the search engines are trying to make the source of the product priority over affiliates. And that includes adwords.
More and more producers are now marketing themselves.
Those that bring good value to prospective customers are still doing well and pretty much the same as always.
Those using short term methods are seeing decreasing returns.
Most affiliate products are being sold by the producers as well as many other affiliates, why would people by from you?
And how would they get to you before any of them?
etc etc

The site that earns the most is set and forget, one I'm still trying to gain traffic and rank for so I add something to it every couple of days, and two are forums, so if you count posting drivel on forums as work, then its work :)

We pay $US46 a month in hosting these days, that was the cheapest plan we could find that would hold the combined traffic.

I just signed my lowest earning (but healthy traffic) site up with the Amazon Affiliates program, got approved and am now happily sticking links to RELEVANT stuff all over the site (you wouldn't believe the useless rubbish Google was giving me and calling them ads, so noone clicked on them) so we'll see how that goes - I'll report back if it is a complete failure or not :D

Back