Is Kingsford a good investment ??

Hi, I'm thinking of buying property in the Eastern Suburbs area. Was hoping to get a place in Randwick but have also been considering a place in Kingsford, close to UNSW and Randwick hospital. Kingsford is pretty much next door to Randwick and on the face of it seems to offer better value for money.

Has anyone any tips for buying property in and around the Eastern Suburbs ??
Thanks,
Col

You can always find a tenant easily being so close to the UNSW & just up the hill to the POW hospital... I used to live there (sold in 2001) & found it good to be able to walk to work (hospital), close to good public transport & close to lots of good restaurants (Dong dong Noodles was the best:).)

You will obviously pay a premium for Randwick, being closer to the beach. I think Kingsford is a good investment but can't comment on it recently as I haven't been there since 2001.
Steve

Hi, no its not actually an investment at the moment. I'm planning on owner occupying but to be honest I may move in a couple of years and may want to rent the place out at that stage. Ideally I would have liked to live in Randwick but have been priced out of the market.
Col.

Kingsford

Colin

I know Kingsford/Randwick extremely well, down to street, sometimes number level. Lived there for 10 yrs and invested there as well. In fact, we currently live in Newtown but may be moving to a semi i purchased in kingsford a few yrs ago.

Feel free to ask if u find something. dont mean to sound like a know it all but i know which streets are best and why.

d

Back