Is this fair?

Hi everyone,

Alas I am in the position where I have to sell my investment property (cash needed elsewhere!). The property manager I have had for the last while have done a good job and I am inclined to sell through them as they already run the management. I have never sold a property before so this is all new for me. I have asked for a schedule of fees and they have supplied the following:

Commission: 2.0% plus GST

Advertising: There is no set advertising budgets and the advertising that you do will be charged at the price that we pay. I would suggest that an advertising budget of $950 would be effective, although if you would like to invest more you are welcome and encouraged. It’s a simple case of the more you market the more market you will attract which obviously means a greater chance of both a faster outcome and higher sales price.

A program around $950 would include the following;

Premium internet listing (property starts on page 1 rather than further on in the list of home for sale).
MMS property information
SMS alert
6x4 board with full colour photos
200 neighborhood drop cards
100 brochures with floor plan on rear
Professional photography
Professional floor plan (for brochure and internet)

Is this a fair deal that they are offering?

Thanks,

Go Girl
:confused:

Hi BoatBoy,

I assume REIQ is the Real Estate Institute of Queensland?

I omitted to say that my property is in Victoria, Melbourne.

Cheers,

Go Girl

Hi BoatBoy,

I assume REIQ is the Real Estate Institute of Queensland?

I omitted to say that my property is in Victoria, Melbourne.

Cheers,

Go Girl

2% sounds pretty good, $950 for adverts sounds very cheap! (ok, unless I have been serious ripped by 3 agents)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Sounds fair and reasonable to me. Many others would charge more.

I guess the issue is how much they manage to get for your property. I would be asking them how much they beleive the property would fetch and what they are basing this figure on i.e comparitive sales in the area. Then ask another couple of agents the same question.

what suburb is the property in may I ask? I may know an agent in the area you could speak to (noticed your ID says Sydney)?

REgards
Steve

you can always negotiate, but your deal sounds pretty good.

i pay 2.2% which includes advertising - but i have run a fair bit thru this particular agent over the years which is why she gives me the mates rates.

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. I have given the agent the 'go ahead' so hopefully there will not be any issues. I have the property tenanted for the next 6 months which may or may not be a bad thing.....

Cheers,

Go Girl
:)

Back