Is this normal?

I am having a valuation done on Wednesday for a refinace loan and the valuer just rang to ask if anyone is home during the day to which I answered no. He said he will have to come and do the valuation before work on Wednesday then when I am home.
Is it normal for them to inspect the insides of the house? It may well be as I have never had a valuation done but I am a single lady and just feel a little nervous about him coming over. He also sounded very odd on the phone which isn't helping lol

I've yet to have a refi done without what I call a "proper valuation" as opposed to a desk or driveby valuation, so I would say it's normal procedure.
Others may say otherwise, based on their own experience.

Yep, it's normal.

Valuers don't bite - and they're usually in and out in a flash.

You could always have someone else present if you don't feel comfortable.

Cheers

Jamie

I've yet to have a refi done without what I call a "proper valuation" as opposed to a desk or driveby valuation, so I would say it's normal procedure.
Others may say otherwise, based on their own experience.

It all comes down to the LVR and the customers estimated value of the property.

If the LVR is low enough, a desktop or kerbside may suffice.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks so much, that eases my mind a bit. If all else fails, I'll set the 2 killer beagles onto him lol
lol - we managed to lock ourselves out of our home the other night (just after replacing all the locks) and the only way to get in was via the man hole.

After walking around the roof, banging some tiles around and almost falling through the roof - I managed to get inside.....my two pugs were sound asleep a few meters from where I'd just landed on my ***.

Amazing guard dogs.

Cheers

Jamie

Sometime i would far prefer a proper full valuation rather than as we used to call them in the 80/90's in UK "2nd gear valuations".

I knew a couple of valuers who litterally used to do their valuation as they changed down from the 3rd to 2nd. Sometimes the photo they submitted also related to the actual security property !!!!

Oh those were the days.

Only driveby valuation I've had are the real cheapies - and only going up to 80%.

When one is looking around the mil they do like to have nosey inside for some reason.

lol - we managed to lock ourselves out of our home the other night (just after replacing all the locks) and the only way to get in was via the man hole.

After walking around the roof, banging some tiles around and almost falling through the roof - I managed to get inside.....my two pugs were sound asleep a few meters from where I'd just landed on my ***.

Amazing guard dogs.

Cheers

Jamie

I have done that before also except I had to climb through the dog door and they weren't made for a chick with hips. After squeezing and turning at odd angles to get through, I landed on the laundry floor upside down with the two beagles looking at me as if to say "Um thats our door, what are you doing?" lol

Was quite happy last night.

Hubby went to the Wallabies/Scot test (freezing rain, wind etc) and I expected him to bunk down in Newie. Instead he drove home and arrived at 11pm.

He rattled the doorknob to see if the door was locked. Elderly sook of a fluffy lab sized dog leapt off her bed to growl and bark.

She was rewarded with lots of cuddles. Good girl!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 63
I am having a valuation done on Wednesday for a refinace loan and the valuer just rang to ask if anyone is home during the day to which I answered no. He said he will have to come and do the valuation before work on Wednesday then when I am home.
Is it normal for them to inspect the insides of the house? It may well be as I have never had a valuation done but I am a single lady and just feel a little nervous about him coming over. He also sounded very odd on the phone which isn't helping lol

If still concerned borrow a pair of men's work boots from a neighbour or friend and have them kicking around some place in the home when the valuer comes around to give the impression of a "man about the house". Just a thought.:D

I have had this arguement with my bank.

Why is it the bank valuer has to view the internal of the property they have been asked to value but do not for the comparables?

I have had this arguement with my bank.

Why is it the bank valuer has to view the internal of the property they have been asked to value but do not for the comparables?

Because the comparables are just a guide and presumably he has already inspected the interior of similar properties in your area so he understands the values.

Back