Is this PM greedy or what?

is this momentum wealth? i cant think of another buyers agent that also manages property

I rather not say. They are already charging their clients like lawyers, they might sue me like lawyers for damages, too.

EVERYTHING is negotiable, up to a point, I think they are testing you to see if you are lazy.

Already did that before before I post this thread, and their response was, sorry, we can't make any chances to our fees.

I rather not say. They are already charging their clients like lawyers, they might sue me like lawyers for damages, too.

Already did that before before I post this thread, and their response was, sorry, we can't make any chances to our fees.

Cause it's company policy :rolleyes:

Actually it is 9.35% including GST of gross rent.

Yep, I am moving to another PM. Funny that after I notified them that I am leaving due to their fees and not valuing me as a loyal client (I used their buying agency service as well), they told me that I have to give them 28 days notice.................so I can post this online I guess. lol.

With the new PM negotiate that also ;)

That list is a new high for fee's that I've seen in Metro WA Yerfdog, well for today anyhow

WA = Wild Ambition?

I had never heard of such a thing and fail to still understand why I would have to pay a percentage for tenants expenses on top of a pecentage for rent and other seperately charged items.

Basically, you are paying % on all income, if water usage is income, then you pay a %. If you don't like it, manage the bill payment & collection yourself. When you think about it, what is 9% of a $80 water bill, when you consider not only do you expect the agent to pay the bill, collect the water usage charge from the tenant and to account for it all.

Buy a commercial property and you will see that this is reflected on all expenses collected/paid.

(I do find it a bit rude for the agent to charge for inspections as this is a function of management, noting their charge rate for attendance at tribunals etc is a nicety, often this is left as tba).

:eek: WOW!!! I'm moving to Perth!! :D Just kidding.
Me too, but not kidding!

Actually it is 9.35% including GST of gross rent.

Yep, I am moving to another PM. Funny that after I notified them that I am leaving due to their fees and not valuing me as a loyal client (I used their buying agency service as well), they told me that I have to give them 28 days notice.................so I can post this online I guess. lol.
28 days notice is pretty much the norm, you can negotiate to have it changed though possibly when you sign a new contract. How did you go shopping around?

Why are there such differences between different states?

In Sydney I've found it at around 5.5%

I thought my mgmt fees were high in QLD where I have my property (7.5% + GST with one weeks letting fee per tenant - and no other fees).

Is it possible to self manage everything but pay someone to do the inspection for you (if you are from another state?) This would help with fees and probably still ensure a reasonable job is done.

sorry the end

Everything is negotiable.

Do your research.

You will be in a position to:

a. call old crew & tell them you will stay with them but with fees in keeping with mkt (but only if you get the feeling their service will not suffer)

b. will be happy with your decision to move on because you have found a promising new mob who does things yr old crew might not (eg take photos of each inspection, of any repairs, has a great roll of tradies to call on etc etc)

Either way, you are in control. It is your custom you are deciding to give someone.

Well my WA property manager just charged me two weeks rent to put in a new tenant when the old tenant vacated. Considering they have prospective company tenants hammering on their doors for housing and don't need to do a whole lot of work to find and screen new tenants I found the $3500 charge more than a little steep :mad:

Will definately be looking for a new PM when the current tenants give notice to vacate.

I just rented out my investment property privately. Not as hard as I thought.

I first got an appraisal done by a PM but they wanted to charged way too much 9.9% plus a truck load of other fees and not willing to negotiate so I decided to do it myself.

The PM said I would get $475-$495 for my house so I advertised on Gumtree last Wednesday (free to advertise with photos) for $480 p.w. Got a call within 2 hours and booked him in to look at property on Saturday. I then went to NSW fair trading site and read the whole landlord section.

The potential tenant inspected the property on Saturday and said he wanted it. I gave him a verbal ok pending reference checks as I had a good gut feeling about this person. It would be him, wife and two kids.

Monday i checked references, spoke to their current PM who confirmed they were great tenants. Got the paperwork together on Tuesday, did the condition report with photos and signed the tenancy agreement on Wednesday and got the bond and 2 weeks in advance.

I also got 5 other calls from people wanting to see the house over the week - all from Gumtree so as promised texted them all to confirm that it was def off the market.

All in all I found the whole thing very easy and painless :)

Angel13,
That is a great outcome.
suggestion:
Put the money you just saved away, from not hiring a PM for the next year.

That's a great idea!!!!

I just worked it out and that's over $700 right from the get go and almost $50 per week for the year. Add to that the $50 per week I'm putting away since I gave up smoking recently and my dream of owning a David Bromley painting becomes a little closer.

In Melbourne currently, there is large discounting available from PM's. Everything is negotiable. I have had some PM's start at 5%+GST management fee.

I also have received in the mail a letter from one of the REA in Prahran offering 6 months management fee free (for a minimum 12 month agreement).

Recession prices. ;)

Back