Is vendor delaying me?

Hi Guys,

Found a property we really like. Auction is in a few weeks. Asked for contract since Friday. It has been an incomplete contract and even today, still the incorrect contract of sale. Are the vendor's side delaying me to provide them my offer prior to auction (even though I am happy to waive my cooling off period).

Am I overthinking it as they can just say no and wait till auction?

You can always call the office of fair trading to remind them of their legal obligations. They tend to forget those.

But there could be different reasons why they are not giving you the contract.

Personally I would try to contact the seller directly.

Andrew

I have spoken to my solictor, vendors solcitor, REA. No success, well my solicitor has spoken to them 3-5 times now. getting frustrating as each day goes on, its one day closer to auction and they may not accept my offer

Just try to get hold of the seller directly if they live in the property. If not ask your lawyer to find out who they are and their contact details.

Make sure you state that your offer expires before the auction starts.

You don't need the contract to put in an offer.

Just because some searches are missing in a contract doesn't mean it isn't a valid contract or that they are marketting it without a contract.

It may still be valid, but not inclluding searches could allow a purchaser to rescind before settlement.

Back