ISIS burning video (no links)

Anyone watch this ? Don?t if you haven?t. I came across it late at night and watched, wish I hadn't. horrific.

The quality of the video was surprising, better than most TV stations can produce. Also surprising that FOX news (a right wing make believe news channel) turns out to be closet ISIS supporters through their continued hosting of the video. ISIS themselves now using FOX to spread the video.

Can just as easily be interpreted as the rest of the media being supportive by not showing it.

It is real news and a real threat to all and sundry. Why should it be hushed?
More should be being done about it, not covered up.

This simplistic conclusion you have made just for the sake of rubbishing your opposing political views is abhorrent. You went searching for it, found it, watched it, and now want to warn people off it. Are you some sort of saviour?

Dear oh dear.

This simplistic conclusion you have made just for the sake of rubbishing your opposing political views is abhorrent. You went searching for it, found it, watched it, and now want to warn people off it. Are you some sort of saviour?

I imagine watergos is not saying don't watch it purely for political reasons but because of the horrific nature of seeing a man burn to death.

I seen the pictures of the guy in the cage, while he was alive, and read the story and that was enough to horrify me. I don't want to imagine what it would be like to watch it.

I won't watch it ... saw the guy in the cage and heard the story ... and sickened to my soul that any human being would do this to another.

Not sure what Phar Lap way trying to say ...

I think by watching such things one loses a piece of their soul.

Meh... it's pretty bad but did you guys just discover the internet yesterday? There is a lot worse out there. I feel almost immune to this stuff now. :eek:

EDIT: You have to love Google too, images of the guy burning to death all over the page and then a nice wholesome advertisement under it: GRANNY FLAT BUILDER!

Its a very strange world we live in.

Sitting around some mornings watching Sunrise, I know how low can you get:rolleyes:, and everyone is so happy.... happy. Then we have the news report, beheading etc then back to happy, happy... cash cow
Another day in paradise

end of the day.. ISIS need to go.. i don't think the video did what it was intended to do, which was scare the surrounding Muslim countries out of helping the US. In retaliation, Jordan carried out airstrikes, killing supposedly 55 of them..

If anything, its united the non-extremists Muslims further towards the coalition to rid these oxygen wasting filth off the planet.

I think by watching such things one loses a piece of their soul.

Agreed. You have to decide what you want in your head and what you don't.

ISIS think these videos and actions will scare people. It has only angered me and given the reports that the pilot was long dead whilst ISIS were negotiating the release of the female derka derka it has undermined their credibility vis a vis hostage negotiations.

Organizations founded on negativity usually implode given time. I expect the western powers will speed up the demise.

Jordan's response to one of their pilots being killed in this manner is to turn around and kill 55 prisoners of war.

Burning a man to death is clearly barbaric. Equally barbaric is the execution of prisoners.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/2...-is-militants-after-pilot-is-burned-to-death/

To be fair the article doesn't describe if they were being executed for other crimes or if it was in simple realisation.

War does have rules about it's conduct. A lot of those rules are about the treatment of prisoners. Like acts of terrorism, this sort of thing doesn't deter the opposing force, rather it strengthens their resolve.

Really, where is the contradiction Geoff? If you are refering to what I said to wategoes, how is that abuse?

Im merely disagreeing and stating direct opposing of their statement.

What part of the definition of abuse did I commit to Geoff?

Thanks.

Can just as easily be interpreted as the rest of the media being supportive by not showing it.

It is real news and a real threat to all and sundry. Why should it be hushed?
More should be being done about it, not covered up.
I disagree the whole purpose of the video is to simultaneously terrorize and attract supporters. You can see how the video will do this with its fancy fighter jet animations, bombing victim scenes, etc.. What the hell is FOX doing continuing to host it ? No one else mainstream is. It?s still there, up on their front page, top link if you google search for "fox news" so it?s obviously getting a lot of hits.

Jordan's response to one of their pilots being killed in this manner is to turn around and kill 55 prisoners of war.

Burning a man to death is clearly barbaric. Equally barbaric is the execution of prisoners.
They were not prisoners they were killed in Syria and Iraq in intensified bombing raids.

end of the day.. ISIS need to go...

a good start would be to force Saudi Arabia and Jordan stop supplying weapons to anti-Assad fighters.

and just for the record: no one heard of ISIS until western powers decided to topple Assad and flooded the region with weapons. chances are that a lot of those ISIS fighters have been trained in camps in Jordan an Saudi Arabia by western instructors.

Its a topic which can be discussed for days. They are open and clear about their view on infidels, and what they will do to achieve their goal. Bottom line is they are a threat to us all... and that's what needs to be addressed..

You have to ask yourselves despite beliefs, what would a bunch of ISIS militants do if they got their hands on me?

If US/coalition don't sort it out who will?

ISIS have made it clear they will eventually take over the world, why let them become strong now?

I think the people who try to say "what about the 10 or 30 innocents killed from bombings blah blah" need to open their eyes a little wider and see the 500,000 refugees who flee towns in fear of execution simply because they don't hold the same beliefs.. They are the real victims..

Had an evil thought;

let's see a lot of Isis idiots captured and given the same medicine on social media video.

Eye for an eye and all that.

I wonder if they will be gallant in the face of having petrol thrown over them, or having their head cut off.

Not a PC post, but these maniacs will unfortunately only ever go away once they are dead.

Meh... it's pretty bad but did you guys just discover the internet yesterday? There is a lot worse out there. I feel almost immune to this stuff now. :eek:

Have you seen '2 men, 1 hammer'? Probably one of the most brutal videos out there. Google it if you want more immunity.

Really, where is the contradiction Geoff? If you are refering to what I said to wategoes, how is that abuse?

Good to see The Fence has returned :rolleyes:

Quality journalism at work. :eek:

It was never reported in your link that Jordan responded by killing 55 prisoners of war. You might be confusing this with Jordan hanging two jihadist prisoners just hours after the video was released.

The terrorists said "set these 2 prisoners free or we kill the prisoner we have", but then they killed the pilot. So Jordan executed the 2 prisoners out of revenge. That is a tactic which more countries should use but it wasn't enough so they did an airstrike killing another 55 of them. It's rumored the King of Jordan participated in the retaliatory strike because he was so pissed off. He's a badass.

8xFK4ML.jpg

Jordan circlejerk here:
/the_government_of_jordan_just_posted_this_picture/

I'm an expat currently living in Amman.

The Jordanian leadership is in a very tough position. They need to simultaneously support U.S. and their own security interests, they need to appeal to the international community to deal with the enormous number of refugees (1 million +), and at the same time they need to appeal to the Islamist tribes that basically keep the King in power.

I could practically write a book about it, but to boil it down: The King is bombing ISIS while his government and society simultaneously support harsh Islamic and antidemocratic rules and norms.

Jordan has very little free speech and society mostly operates on a system where there is little economic mobility. The economy is not doing well and the media is blaming the million Syrian refugees rather than their own policies.

On top of that, Jordan is a country that is currently bombing ISIS for being extremist. Yet, in 95% of rapes that went to court last year, the victim ended up marrying her attacker(source). Being gay here often means that you need to flee the country. Women are almost entirely excluded from the work force.

Speaking of bombing ISIS, Jordan is actually the country that produces the most Al Qaeda and ISIS fighters per capita in the world (source). The great irony is that these bombings in retaliation against ISIS are almost certainly killing Jordanians who are just on the wrong side of the conflict.

The thing is, a lot of these societal issues are not a result of government policy, but they are just cultural norms. The King, who grew up in the U.S., probably wants to nudge his country in a more progressive direction, but doing so too vigorously would endanger support of his monarchy.

Despite all of this, Jordanians are generally pretty supportive of the monarchy, but they have to say that because bad mouthing the King will get you thrown in prison.

EDIT: Last year the government cancelled Halloween celebrations and threatened to arrest anyone wearing a costume. The Atlantic has a good write up on why the government did this, and how it plays into the current political situation in Jordan.

EDIT 2: I thought this post on /r/jordan was pretty revealing. Despite the governments best efforts to try and prevent radicalization, it's an uphill battle.

EDIT 3: I get the feeling that this post is going to get some traction. I would like to add that there is a lot I like about living in Jordan, despite the very difficult situation it is in. People in general are extremely hospitable and friendly. Crime is actually quite low, so its a very safe country to travel in. The food is also wonderful. There are a ton of nice things to see in Jordan. Petra and Wadi Rum in particular are mind blowing. The views near the Dead Sea and into the valleys are great. It's definitely worth visiting.

EDIT 4: I heard fighter jets about 2 hours ago. I thought it might have been just a show of support like the fly-by I heard yesterday. Nope. News reports are now saying they were hitting ISIS targets in Syria. There has definitely been a big shift in public opinion the last few days since the Jordanian pilot was gruesomely killed. Sure, the King is mostly doing a PR move here, but it's in a bid build local support for more airstrikes against ISIS. It will hopefully also slow the tide of Jordanian fighters heading to Iraq and Syria.

Back