ISIS burning video (no links)

the terrorists said "set these 2 prisoners free or we kill the prisoner we have", but then they killed the pilot. So jordan executed the 2 prisoners out of revenge. That is a tactic which more countries should use but it wasn't enough so they did an airstrike killing another 55 of them. It's rumored the king of jordan participated in the retaliatory strike because he was so pissed off. He's a badass.

yeah!! ;).....

I am often wondering what the average person, somersoft forum participant and others saddened and horrified by these ISIL videos can positively and constructively do to change the current state of the world. Every two seconds, there is a new media report, photo, video of yet another atrocity. I get the feeling that we are in danger of becoming immune to barbarism which is not a good thing. I don't think avoidance behaviour such as not watching the videos is the way. Just because one doesn't see it does not mean it is not happening. I would be grateful for your thoughts as to what the average person can do to help.

Yesterday, as soon as I saw the man in the cage, with a line of fire, I realized what it was about...I quickly clicked off that page.
It was so incredibly sad.

These ISIS need to be exterminated, the sooner the better.
They are nothing but pure evil.

I recently read the book, "American Sniper". It's much better than the movie (which is quite good). The movie focus' on his personal conflict about his role in the war and trying to be a good father. The book includes significantly more, included passages written by his wife.

Each to their own opinion of the war in Iraq, the American Imperialism, etc. He boils his opinion of the opposing force is that many of the insurgents are pure evil.

He believes that if the US isn't in Iraq fighting them, then he'll end up fighting them in the US. I suspect there's some truth in this but his justification is for calling them evil is quite simple:

What sort of mother would hand her 6 year old son a grenade and instruct him to throw it at an oncoming convoy of armed marines including tanks?

Had to change channels when the kids started watching the news yesterday as this was the first story and just the image of the pilot in the cage was enough for me, horrific

What sort of mother would hand her 6 year old son a grenade and instruct him to throw it at an oncoming convoy of armed marines including tanks?

a mother that lives in a place where life is cheap. by adopting the view point that all humans are equal we must therefore say that the value of all humans is equal. As in any market, that value is the lowest price. the west significantly over values human life

a mother that lives in a place where life is cheap. by adopting the view point that all humans are equal we must therefore say that the value of all humans is equal. As in any market, that value is the lowest price. the west significantly over values human life

Hence the constant exodus of humans from places where life is cheap to where life is highly valued. Most life forms, unless diseased, have a natural tendency to remain alive and continue to function. Hence, groups, governments, peoples that under-value or attack the sanctity of life need to stopped or mitigated. Attack on life is really an assault on the development of civilisation and the progress of humanity.

I am often wondering what the average person, somersoft forum participant and others saddened and horrified by these ISIL videos can positively and constructively do to change the current state of the world. Every two seconds, there is a new media report, photo, video of yet another atrocity. I get the feeling that we are in danger of becoming immune to barbarism which is not a good thing. I don't think avoidance behaviour such as not watching the videos is the way. Just because one doesn't see it does not mean it is not happening. I would be grateful for your thoughts as to what the average person can do to help.

Stop eating halal?

Yesterday, as soon as I saw the man in the cage, with a line of fire, I realized what it was about...I quickly clicked off that page.
It was so incredibly sad.

I blame Warner Bros. Clearly these guys have watched one too many road runner cartoons.

Hence the constant exodus of humans from places where life is cheap to where life is highly valued. Most life forms, unless diseased, have a natural tendency to remain alive and continue to function. Hence, groups, governments, peoples that under-value or attack the sanctity of life need to stopped or mitigated. Attack on life is really an assault on the development of civilisation and the progress of humanity.

there is a flip side to that.
while places where life is highly valued will roll over after significant casualty, people that value life less will continue to fight and win whatever it is they are fighting for.

Hitler capturing all of europe without much of a fight is a prime example.

there is a flip side to that.
while places where life is highly valued will roll over after significant casualty, people that value life less will continue to fight and win whatever it is they are fighting for.

Hitler capturing all of europe without much of a fight is a prime example.

So why did Germans value life less than the rest of Europe? I reckon that's a poor example. German involvement in WW2 happened because Hitler was a mad radical nutcase who happened to trick his nation into following him?

See ya's.

So why did Germans value life less than the rest of Europe? I reckon that's a poor example. German involvement in WW2 happened because Hitler was a mad radical nutcase who happened to trick his nation into following him?

See ya's.

i wasn't talking about germans

in this particular example i was comparing countries like france to ussr

Totally sick and barbaric. What next? Napalm and incendiary bombs? The wouldnt stoop that low. Would they?

Back