ISP and Toll choice

Hi all

2 queries - hope to get some feedback.

I have being doing by without a landline using a dongle for internet. Now has come a time when I have connect for faster downloads as a family member requires online education. Any suggestions or lookout for pitfalls - also what is naked ADSL? Is the bundle with ACTEWAGL or Telstra useful?

Secondly, recent Sydney trip requires me to do M7 - any suggestion which toll tool to subscribe to - eTag, RTA or something else. Have used mates "device" - need to look in getting one myself..

I live in the Canberra region.

Thank you all

Naked ADSL2+ means you get an ADSL2+ service without a landline. I use TPG which gives me a VoIP phone line with a real phone number as well, all with no line-rental fee.

However, you should check this site to see how far your address is from an ADSL Exchange: http://www.tpg.com.au/maps/

The closer you are, the better your speeds are. If you are too far away (2.5km+), you might be better off getting cable.

Secondly, recent Sydney trip requires me to do M7 - any suggestion which toll tool to subscribe to - eTag, RTA or something else. Have used mates "device" - need to look in getting one myself.

Both the NSW RTA and ROAM offer a mamagement fee free TAG for the infrequent users of tolls. Both need a $40 deposit for the tag then an initial pre-paid amount of ~$40 the auto top up via CC at a $10 minimum.

I have the RTA one and never had an issue. Recharges when required and you get your $40 back if you cancel the TAG. Even better the RTA offer you TAG in all colours if thats your thing.

Maybe RTA may require NSW licence/residency but the ROAM one is similar.

Be aware of the accounts that charge a monthly fee to have an account as this costs an infrequent users even if you dont use it.

I've been using Internode NakedADSL2+ for a few years now and it's totally awesome. I highly recommend it. It's a little pricier than most, but you can get it without a contract and the service is excellent. I pay $60 a month for 150 gig limit, no Peak/Off Peak nonsense and no upload counted either. They do have a cheaper option where uploads are counted though, if you are looking for the lowest price. If you need to ring the help desk, you get an Australian and they have always been very helpful and fixed any issue very quickly.

i cant get naked in my area but telstra have some good bundle plans atm
im on $88 a month with phone line (no calls included though) and adsl2+ 200gb of internet
(you can get adsl -1.5 or 8mbit,adsl2+, or cable)

Back