I've done it! a new agent on the forums!

Hey everyone, i just thought i'd put up a quick post saying that as of yesterday I am a registered real estate agent!
It's taken several months but i have finally completed my qualifications, and I am dedicating myself to offer the highest level of customer service that is sorely missing in many parts of this industry.
I have got my goals set and my main goal is to become one of Australias most repected and well known agents by the time i'm 30 (10 years from now)

So there it is, the ACT now has its newest agent and i can't wait to go out and sell homes for people :D
just wanted to share,
Andrew.

I did a 10 week course with the WISDOM learning group.
It covers a certificate 4 in property (the necessary qualifications)
They are a very well run company and made the learning really enjoyable for the whole group!
The course was held at the Canberra race course every tuesday (and some wednesdays) and cost just under $3000.

Well done Andrew!

I truly wish you the best in starting these new adventures

Let us know when you get your first sale!!!

Andrew said:
Does the 10 week course qualify you to be a real estate agent or an agent's representative?

andy
I think the technical term is "salesperson" but i can list and sell property on my own.

I can't get over the response from everyone on here though! thank you all so much!

Congratulations Andrew!

Is that why you were able to come to Steve's meeting on a Saturday afternoon- because you weren't really a real estate agent then :D ?

yep, from now on i am a slave to my job and can no longer do anything remotely social....at any time.......ever again.....i cant wait! :p
I'll have my sundays off at least, as long as i get that 1 day, i'll be happy :D
*awaits boss to tap me on shoulder telling me i now work 7 dats a week* :eek:

Well done D2D

How long would it take to get your Agents Lisence,

I think it takes about 5 days and 800 dollars to do the salespersons course here in QLD

Yo can do a 3 week course through the REI and get it all done in one hit, but usually at least 14 full days training...then theres all of the assessment after that.
another way to do it in canb is to pay about $650 and do the NSW course and transfer it over to the ACT for free, but i wanted the training and to do it properly.

Well done Andrew!

Remember three things:

Work smart NOT long.

Cultivate a worthwhile network - for example form relationships with the group that includes the most regular property buyers and are the influencers that other people go to when they want to sell/buy property - the property investors.

Your success is purely up to your own efforts - NOTHING else.

Oh and one last thing:

Very few real estate agents become independently wealthy - because they have the wrong mindset, they are employees not entrepreneurs!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back