Jan , please ...I need the next book !!

Some one "in control" please pass this on to Jan .... PLEASE :) ... I remember when I rang Somersoft to order the PIA software and Jan actually answered the phone. It blew me away. My heroine , on the phone !! ... I digress ...sorry.

Jan .. I'm a huge fan and I need a new book !! I've followed your instructions (and mixed it up with some Peter Spann techniques along the track) ....and we've ended up with all these IPs all over the place .

Now , we've got four kids ( and one grandson woo hoo ! )and now we need to know how to "Pass it on". ( Technical term is "estate planning".)

We've sat down with the lawyers and got totally confused ...so Jan ,
write me a book on how to "leave it to the kids and the grandkids".

Thanks
LL

great idea!!

I agree too!

perhaps include your thoughts of Retirement planning:

Living of Equity vs selling down.
keeping the growth property vs keeping the properties with higher yield.
Diversification in assets which help generate funds during your retirement.
Having enough for retirement and some in "the kiddy" a little estate for the children/ grandkids.

Maybe a new edition of story by story with people's retirement examples?

Yes please :) I second that - another book would be great Jan. I'm not fusy so anything you wish to include in the edition would be eagerly read!
:D EL

Renton has a simplish book on trusts that, I think, describes adequately what a layman needs to know. With such knowledge and, if need be, a few questions on the forum, you would be in a position to discuss the matter with your professional adviser. It is certainly a matter to discuss with a professional.

HTH,

Hi Pedro,
I've read Renton's book on trusts (Family Trusts ; N.E. Renton) and I accept Renton as a careful , conservative source on these matters. ( Mind you, if you read too much Renton you'd end up with your money under the mattress !!) I've spent (so far) a few grand with the lawyers....but (a) I like to get several "inputs" and (b) when it comes to property ... I'd really like to have Jan's learned opinions. She explains subjects sooo well !
:)
Respect !

I can but ask !

LL

Pete said:
Renton has a simplish book on trusts that, I think, describes adequately what a layman needs to know.
I personally felt that Renton's book was like trying to waude through cold porridge. It exoalined everything, in detail, bu I could not manage to get through it, and, at the end (well, halfway, which was where I got) I did not see any advantage to a trust. My apologies to Mr Renton- in the attempt to cover the detail, I lost the big picture.

Dale Gatherum Goss's "Trust Magic" on the other hand was short on some of the tedious detail, but it showed concisely and valuably some of the advantages of trusts.

Back