Jobs for all in WA

Yesterday I caught a train & bus in Perth; the "bog" standard public transport type.

The main Perth station station and the train both had advertisements seeking people to work as transit guards.

The council bus had an ad for people to become bus drivers.

Walking past a Department of Works construction site in the city there is a sign on the fence that they are looking for workers - apply within. No experience needed. Training provided if you want to become a plant operator.

I am aware that there is a desperate shortage of trades people in the building & construction industries.

This shortage is unprecedented in my memory.

This state's economy is booming.

House prices are still going up at a strong rate. Rents too. My gut feel is that the greatest pressure is on rents and I expect a significant increase in rents in the next 12 to 24 months. Say a 50% increase over a few years.

With a few IP's I hope your right about the rent ......about time yields got back up from the miserable levels they've been at for the last 5 years :)

Pete said:
The main Perth station station and the train both had advertisements seeking people to work as transit guards.

Saw this today on a Bus going past..there's a lot of turnover in this job/industry

G'day Dave. Welcome back.

I see you're nearly at the 1,000 post mark. Well done, mate.

Red car was sleeping - as usual. I was just ducking out of the office one day and public transport seemed a good idea at the time. Next time I'll get a taxi.

regards,

Forget "SCV", I might even walk next time.

Bus to destination didn't stop when I pressed the bell. Driver was talking to another passenger, who was saying, "No, mate. Sorry, I want the next stop."

Flies past my stop. I enquire of the driver. He replies, "Did you want to get off there?" "Yes, that's why I pressed the bell!"

So, I had the pleasure of walking back from the next stop in 40° temperature.

After my meeting, I walked back rather than use the bus. It was half an hour between buses. It was a lovely day so I didn't mind too much.

Weather still fabulous now. We're having a good spell.

Cheers,

Back