TOPIC: "Investment Structures"

VENUE: Glebe Town Hall/Neighbourhood Centre
160 St Johns Rd (cnr of Lodge)
Glebe

on street parking free after 6pm

COST: $2 donation towards room hire/refreshments

ALL WELCOME

Nags Head is next door for before and after "refreshments"

Hopefully this will be the start of a regular meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.

It would be great to know whom you would like as future speakers so post away!!

Count me in, Id love to hear Nick speak

BTW I was reading the thread and for some strange reason I thought it was July... and Id missed out

Thanks Ani for organising this- you go girl!
I'm looking forward to hearing Nick talk and to catching up with everyone who can make it.
Are we going to vary the venues each mth?
I think it would be wise, so that we all get a turn at going "locally"... Whaddya think?

I was thinking about those that live in "Kowloon" Jacque:D

But it is definitely something that can be discussed at the meeting:)

cheers
ani

I am very willing to organise something up here......

I will post under a seperate topic and see what interest there is.

Hey! Just noticed some cheeky person has cut and pasted the details of this meeting on Steve McKnight's propertyinvesting site for all to see, and lots of people have replied that they are coming!! Is this allowed?!!

What - do you want me to do IP address lookups at the door to make sure they have visited our forum before I let them in ? :p

hmm... actually an IP address lookup takes on a whole new meaning in this forum. I actually meant IP as in Internet Protocol, not IP as in Investment Property.

*sigh* ... it's all too hard, I'm going back to my stats.

G'day Jacque,

Hey! Just noticed some cheeky person has cut and pasted the details of this meeting on Steve McKnight's propertyinvesting site for all to see, and lots of people have replied that they are coming!! Is this allowed?!!
Hehe - are they investors (I bet, Yes - with a particular positive bent...).

Do they know of the Somersoft forum? (They will after we finish with 'em.... ;) )

Is Steve coming? If he is, I'll buy him a beer (or orange juice, spring water, whatever....).

As far as "is it allowed", if the source is posted, then it could be argued in court. If not, then any "outsiders" will probably become "insiders" once they see what a great bunch we are. But copyright laws are quite beyond me, so I could be wrong......

Frankly, Jacque, a fillip of S McK type investors could lead to an enlightening/interesting evening. Most people I know who are doing property investing are worth listening too (and debating with...) Gotta be a plus, yes??

I'd say, "Let it go" - but, as always, I am interested in any other views (particularly dissident ones).

Regards,

MSN and Somersoft cross post all the time, so why not let propertyinvesting in on the game too?

I've no problem with that :)

Jas

Hehe.... doesn't bother me :) I know a few people myself that post on that forum anyway- don't like our chances of Steve turning up though, given that he's a Victorian and master of trusts himself :)
Guess if NickM is OK with it, then it shouldn't pose a problem.
See you all there!

I have no problem with who attends
Obviously the more investors that can exchange ideas with forumites the better.

i would like to have some indication of numbers to ensure we have enough handouts. I will bring extras anyway.

The discussion will be about various investment structures and paying particular attention to hybrid trusts.

If anyone has any specific issue or question that they want addressed please pm me beforehand.

Thanks
NickM

hi Jacque

SORRY!!! That was me. This is my first post on this forum... I didn't mean to upset anyone!

But hopefully I'm welcome to come to the meeting anyway =)

-Nick

C'mon guys!

NickM needs some idea of numbers coming to prepare handouts.

Reply to the thread or PM me if you prefer.

Guess I'll be there Nick:D

Back