Kellyville Ridge - Blacktown Council

Just wondering what those of you who know the northwest think of Kellyville Ridge. It is significantly cheaper than its surrounding areas as it is part of Blacktown council rather than Baulkham hills council. I am looking for a 2 bedroom unit as an investment and 400K should do it there. What are your opinions of the area?, Capital Growth? etc etc. I am ready to buy now and just don't want to have any regrets after I exchange..

i personally wouldnt invest there, well not for a unit/apartment anyway. I'd only buy house and land.
I think the CG would be somewhat limited, compared to a house and land in a different suburb.

Houses are popular in the northwest, and units are seemingly only popular in the more well established suburbs, where they have undergone "urban infill" by increasing density (knock down a few houses and build units on major transport line/close to amenities).

But this is my preference - i prefer house + land.

Just wondering what those of you who know the northwest think of Kellyville Ridge. It is significantly cheaper than its surrounding areas as it is part of Blacktown council rather than Baulkham hills council. I am looking for a 2 bedroom unit as an investment and 400K should do it there. What are your opinions of the area?, Capital Growth? etc etc. I am ready to buy now and just don't want to have any regrets after I exchange..

It's really an individual decision and best of luck securing something under $400K (unless it's an OTP purchase or backing onto Windsor Rd) - this whole area is moving rapidly and I really don't see demand backing down anytime soon. For affordability, only 4-5 stops away from CH on the new planned NW Rail link and pretty convenient access to shopping (RH town centre) good schools, buses and parks etc this area may well surprise those who believe it's "too far out". It's also important to remember that not everyone can afford housing in this area (entry level now $600K's for decent land and house- even established older dwellings) so something in this lower price bracket is going to appeal to FHBs, investors and downsizers.

Best of luck with your search :)

Back