Land tax - 2014

I just got my land tax bill for 2014.... its due in March 2014.

My land tax bill for 2013 was received in Nov 2013.

I'm rather confused by the whole thing. How come they are suddenly so quick? Isnt it meant to be the same time each year they process this?

Last edited:
It's always due in March each year. I just got mine. I don't see the problem getting it early unless there is a change in January.

It's always due in March each year. I just got mine. I don't see the problem getting it early unless there is a change in January.

Odd... because for 2013, i got it in November 2013.
Thats what got me because it feels like i just paid it and they are hitting me up again.

Odd... because for 2013, i got it in November 2013.
Thats what got me because it feels like i just paid it and they are hitting me up again.

I got my 2013 2 month ago ( Dec) and 2014 only last month !! so yes only 1 month apart!!!

Gave them a call last friday and they said usually land tax is sent every year but last year there was a "delay" as they had to make some adjustment....checked my last years tax return and they are right, didn't pay land tax last year :rolleyes: so i guess they are right....always good to pay tax a bit late ( more $$$ in my offset account hahah) but sucks when 2 massive land tax bills are due within a few month apart!

The last time i paid land tax prior to 2013 was 2004... so its been a while.

That said, I was just checking. Never know, fraudsters may decide to take a different angle and getting you to bpay stuff their bank account by faking a letter from the OSR :) (Would have called land tax dept, but this was last night and this is a faster way of getting a response :D)

Back