Land Tax - Can anyone help?

Hi,
Hoping someone may be able to assist.
The Valuer General's valuation of block of land I own has doubled in one 12 month period and I suspect it may be due to the fact that I have changed the title of the property. I'm led to believe that Land Tax in NSW is levied on the unimproved capital value of the property as assessed by the NSW Government Valuer General but in this instance I'm concerned something more sinister may be at play.
I own two blocks of land adjacent to each other, both had the same value for the 2003 calendar year as did the neighbours block on the other side of mine. The valuation for the 2004 calendar year on the block that has had a 2 unit strata title approved has doubled while my second block and the neighbours block has remained unchanged.
I have lodged an objection which as subsequently been disallowed with no explanation.
Is there anywhere I can turn without having to take the matter to court which the Dept of Land suggests is the next step.

Regards,
Tom

Tom,

If you repurpose something in order to increase the value of the land - expect the value of the land to rise!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back